LabVIEW stops on DLL when closing a LV8.0.1 window

tnt

Hi all,

I've made a DLL-wrapper (using MS Visual Studio 6) to make a suppliers dll callable from within LV.

The original DLL contained some functions which returned a struct and unfortunately

LV only supports Void, Numeric and String as returnvalue.

I have a polling loop which continuously reads data from the dll

(this loop runs for several hours w/o any problem, NO stops and NO memoryleaks).

When I go to the block-diagram and add a probe to the block diagram, the DLL crashes (see attachment)

post-2311-1166445801.png?width=400

The location of the probe on the block-diagram makes no difference,

even closing an unreacheable probe causes the same effect.

EDIT1: closing a probe that is placed on a non-running VI causes the same errormessage

EDIT2: opening a new vi and closing it again also generates this errormessage,

so closing a LV-owned window causes the DLL-call to stop

Does anyone has seen this behaviour before and/or knows how this can be caused?

Thanks,

TNT

Update...

it seemed that closing a LabVIEW "window"/ "function pallette" / "help window" generated a Microsoft C++ exception in the DLL :thumbdown: .

The only work-around that worked was by adding a try {} catch(...) {} (in my wrapper-DLL) around each call to the suppliers DLL.

I just can't figure out how such things can happen, my wrapper is farly straight-forward and

using the suppliers-DLL directly from LabVIEW (the useable functions), I have no problems either...

Another strange things was that when I placed an "unhandled exception" MessageBox in the catch(...),

it became even impossible to close a LabVIEW window, the Messagebox "unhandled exception" popped up but the window remained open.

I know this a LV-forum :thumbup: , but are there perhaps any VS6-programmers out there who know how to get the thrown exception in a Catch (...)??

Thanks, tnt