Hooray for me!

Well, I don't get here much due tro being busy at work, but I am excited that I passed the CLAD on Friday, granted it is only the first exam and I have been a LV User since 1995-96, but in my old job I was limited in my experience with LV. since I have been at my current job, I have been able to explore and try different things and can do what I want basically, since I am the only LabVIEW guy here.

I took the Intermediate LV course this past June and felt I was ready to take the first step in Certification. but after the class I wanted to study some of the other fundamentals from the Basic classes. I took the Basics and Advanced LV courses in Jan of 1996, in fact I am sure I have my Certificates somewhere at home from that.. This was when the Basics class was 3 days and the Advanced was 2 days.. on LV 4 if I recall right.

Anyway, with everything going on since June, Home and Work, it kept getting delayed, but my goal was before Jan 07 to take the test. I did it last Friday and was very happy to see that Passed screen at the end of the test.

I do plan on the CLD test hopefully in July of 07. I need some more months to get ready for that one. I am not sure if I will pass the CLD the first time, which will be fine by me as I will then know my limitations to improve on, even though you don't get the exact info on areas that need improvement.

I just wanted to share my excitement on the first stepping sotne of Certification!

Congrats!

Don't feel bad about just getting certified now. I've got to start from scratch and I've been using LV since version 1.2 and was even on the development team for 6 years. I'll have to see what my new job requires, but I'm hoping it will make sense for me to get the certifications.

Crystal

Congratulation!!

I hope that you are also interested to get rid of the D (CLAD=> CLA) :thumbup:

Ok first you have to get rid of the A (CLAD=> CLD)

CLA, yes but that will be awhile..

at first was like what is CLA, then it hit me.. LOL

My work does not require the CLAD, but I wanted it.. my buddy at my old job said I should take the test and he was planning to as well, as far as I know I beat him to the punch, and I think he used it as early as 2.0 and was my mentor when I first started..

The great thing is I enjoy doing LV code.. must be a perk of the job..

Congradulation Jeff!

:thumbup:

They offer the CLD at NI week you know. :shifty:

I'm sure you would be much more likley to pass if you are able to hang out with

so many LabVIEW Gurus.

Let me know when you are ready to try for the CLA.

I will need a study partner.

And Thanks again for your help with the Icon editor.