Set a floating window to non-floating

crelf

It's funny - I sometimes feel like I should be putting [W] at the start of my topic titles :)

I'm using the LabVIEW Context Help window in my built application to guide users around my GUI, but I'd like to to stop floating. I've tried using the VI below - it finds the right window (you've got to put "Context Help" in as the window name to get the window handle hWnd), but it doesn't change the floating property (which, as this MSDN entry suggests, would never have worked anyway). Has anyone got any ideas?

Download File:post-181-1166572788.vi

• 1 month later...

QUOTE(BobbyCee @ Feb 17 2007, 12:45 AM)

Perfect - that's exactly the step I was missing - thanks! Here's the updated version:

Download File:post-181-1171638901.vi

QUOTE(BobbyCee @ Feb 17 2007, 12:45 AM)

Glad you are my boss :thumbup:

...and I am equally glad that you are my minion :)

QUOTE(crelf @ Dec 20 2006, 02:03 AM)

It's funny - I sometimes feel like I should be putting [W] at the start of my topic titles :)

Am I the only one who doesn't know what these prefixes actually mean? This keeps troubling me when I see Info LabVIEW posts and I couldn't find any answer for this after a couple of searches.

OK, of course now I thought about looking at the automated weekly reminder which no one reads:

To make mail easier to sort for the readers of this list, in those cases where your query is machine-specific, I'd like to ask you to try to identify your postings by adding [M], [W], [L] or to the beginning of your Subject: line for Mac, Windows, linux or Sun, respectively. If your question is of a more general nature, don't worry about this. Since LabVIEW is cross platform this is not an indication of which platform you happen to be using.

Thanks.