I want to design a circle of direction

hannibal

4653scd&.dnm=4330re2.jpg

Hi. I am new to LabView.

I have to design a circle which can show the direction (such as: North, South, South West,...) and the needle which can move like the picture I upload.

I use the Gauge Control but the max and the min line has a distance, therefore it can't display all the direction.

Can you suggest some ideas for me?

I really appreciate your help.

I have to design a circle which can show the direction (such as: North, South, South West,...) and the needle which can move like the picture I upload.

I use the Gauge Control but the max and the min line has a distance, therefore it can't display all the direction.

Can you suggest some ideas for me?

I really appreciate your help.

You can grab the max value line of the scale with your mouse and pull it towards the min value. You get a gauge that does 360deg this way.

You can also grab the min value to rotate the entire scale. This could be usefull if you want the 0/360 value at the top instead of at the bottom of the gauge.

You can grab the max value line of the scale with your mouse and pull it towards the min value. You get a gauge that does 360deg this way.

You can also grab the min value to rotate the entire scale. This could be usefull if you want the 0/360 value at the top instead of at the bottom of the gauge.

You may want to take a look at this thread

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?boar...id=83435#M93182

on the NI forum where we finish this up with text markers for N-S-E-W

Ben

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, your front panel is exactly what I need. Can you show me your block diagram?

Thanks in advance.

Besides I must create it as an internet website.

Now I do not know how to do. Can you give me some materials for me to reference?

Thanks much.

I must design it through LAN first and then via the Internet.

That's still the problem for me.

So I appreciate all your help.

Funny that you should mention that.

This was actually the front end of a web based weather monitoring station driven totally by the LV internet toolkit web server.

I could recall historical data too, although it took a bit more.

I'll see what I can drum up, but the directional control was based on a customized control w/ 4 floating text decorations.