Comparing two waveforms aquired

NAGWI

Could anybody explain me ..how we could compare two waveforms.? Do we have to consider only magnitude or still any other factors.

That's a magnificintly open-ended question - how about you tell us what you've thinking about doing and perhaps show us an example of what you've tried, and then we can tell you whether it can be done?

I want to compare the 'PWM' waveform received from a embedded system ...with the expected waveform which I will generate using some calculation.

I used comparator ..it is working ..but I really want to knw is ..whether I need to take care of any other factors

The issue here is more that you still are not telling us how do you want to compare the waveforms. There are million ways to compare two waveforms. We can only help you in LabVIEW related stuff, but we cannot help you if you don't describe in detail what and how do you want to compare your wavefroms.

- Are the waveforms of equal sampling frequency?

- Do both of the waveforms start at the same moment i.e. are of equal length?

- Do you need exact match between the waveforms or something less strict?

- Are your signlas noisy?

- Do you want to compare the signals point-by-point, in a certain time-window, or on frequency domain?

The lists goes on, you have to know what you are after at?

• 9 years later...

Hello Guys,

I am kindof new here, and I am trying to find some help with my project. I am a masters student at a German University and working with OPC UA labview toolkit and with signal analysis and data sampling specifically. I created a sine signal at my OPC UA server and I am reading that signal at my OPC UA client. I plotted the signal  at both , the server and at the client. My task now is to compare the two signals and make sure that the data is transfered as fast as possible so when I am sampling I wont miss any data.

I am attaching my files here, where you can see what did I write so far. I need help comparing the two waveforms. The waveform at the client might start at different timing, so maybe we need to offset it to the same time as the other waveform in order to compare? And I am thinking that the comparision should be in a separate VI.

I want to compare the signals according to sampling frequency and phase difference as a start, then later i'll try to compare according to period, wavelength, noise...But for now if most important for me the sampling frequency and phase difference.

So I am considering the signal generated at the server is IDEAL and I'll compare the signal at the client to it. And I need to measure the %error between them.

Please excuse my level of programming. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

ELias

PS: I have attached also files with previous labview versions if anyone couldnt open the v15 files.

Serverwaveformv13.vi

clientWaveformV13.vi

Serverwaveform.vi

clientWaveform.vi