Info-Labview Status

KFadgen

I'm not receiving any updates for info-labview anymore. Is anyone else out there getting info-labview mailings since the first of the year? I'm not sure if my IT department decided to block that address or if there is something wrong with the server. I went to the info-labview home page but there was no mention there of any downtime.

Thanks,

Keith

...and this page shows the reception of the daily diegest. There's also this page which doesn't have "opserver" listed, so the server's down at the moment.

Chris,

I think the opposite is true.. if 'opsserver' is not listed, that implies that the server for Info-LV (and the Igor list too) is not down, at least in the sense that it's pingable w/in Scott's local network. So as Gavin surmised, there must be some other problem.

As others have posted, I've had in-digest-ion since the 3rd of January.

Best regards,

Dave

I think the opposite is true.. if 'opsserver' is not listed, that implies that the server for Info-LV (and the Igor list too) is not down, at least in the sense that it's pingable w/in Scott's local network.

On reflection, I think you're absolutely right.

On reflection, I think you're absolutely right.

The info-labview server is not down. And I believe that a message went out to the list to that effect. However, the DNS for the server has been foobared by my university (not the lab) so it is not something I can go down the hall and fix. I have a ticket established but their response time is abysmal. The message that went out was rejected by a LOT of systems since it came from a machine without proper DNS.

In summary:

I can post as can anyone inside our lab who uses our local DNS, which is working. The faulty entry was the whole nhmfl.gov domain.

The primary DNS gave a server error. (dns1.fsu.edu)

The secondary DNS gave the correct reply (dns2.fsu.edu)

I will post again when it gets up. This has been complicated since our spam filter went nuts and threw 7000 messages in my junk mailbox and some were not spam. This has overloaded the spam filters and our local mail system is bogged down.

I will post again when things are more normal.

-Scott

I think things will return to normal now. I have gotten both the campus DNS correctly configured and the nhmfl.gov domain pointint to the correct servers. It will take about 1 day to propagate the fixes through the DNS system but all will be well. This was a bad week.

-Scott