Error 1003 in Application Builder

Hello, I'm trying to make an executable file but I recive the following error message:Error 1003 occurred at Open VI Reference in Dist Copy Non-VI Files.vi->Dist Build LLB Image.vi->Dist Build App Image.vi->Build Application.viPossible reason(s):LabVIEW: The VI is not executable.

Does anyboy know the reason for this message?

Thanks.

I've seen the exact same error or very similar just recently.

We built some VIs to work with Excel though ActiveX. I think it was Excel 95 when the software was written. Now with Excel 2002, the source code would run fine but it could not compile due to "The VI is not executable" message. What it turned out to be is that Excel 95 uses a function named "Value" where Excel 2002 uses "Value2". The source code runs fine but during the .exe build LabVIEW must go back and throughly double check the ActiveX links and available functions and flagged this one as bad.

You can see the VI is executable but the choice "Value" does not exist in the list of available functions.

post-5791-1168638136.jpg?width=400

Selecting "Value2" would allow the code to compile.

This probably doesn't pertain unless you're using ActiveX.

-James

What is your LabVIEW version? I have the impression that you added a NON-VI file as a dynamic vi.

Hi there !

I'm having exactly the same 1003 error with L 7.1.1.

It's quite weird because I already made a couple of exe from the same code a few weeks ago, since then I made only cosmetic changes :blink: !

After restarting the cpu, recompiling (ctrl+shift+run) and saving, same error when trying to build...

So I borrowed a coworker's cpu, and could build the exe without problem... :headbang:

This tends to mean that the issus comes from my cpu and not from the code... Any idea ?

Thanks for any help

Hello,

I've tried to compile a very easy VI that has only a while loop that executes every one second and whose iteration number is displayed in an indicator (I've attached it) but I've got the same problem. Maybe the Application Builder is wrong.

I've repaired Application Builder from 'Control Panel -> Add and Remove programs' but I obtain the same error in compiling process.

Download File:post-4923-1168942793.vi