How slow are the OpenG Variant Config VIs?

I am using the "Write INI Cluster" and "Read INI Cluster" VIs from the OpenG library. I am finding that the time it takes to read is quite slow. For example, reading an array of 100 DBL takes about 1.8 seconds.

Is this normal behaviour for these VIs or am I implementing them incorrectly?

Steve,

There are a couple factors that could make this slow. 1st off, the NI Configuration File VIs are pretty slow with large data sets. Secondly, the OpenG Variant Configuration File VIs can be slow in certain situations. If you create a quick example VI that demonstrates your problem, I'll investigate the performance issue and let you know if we can improve things.

Thanks,

Hi Jim,

I've attached a VI that uses the basic functionality. I ran (from source) some tests and got the following results:

Array Size, Time in Seconds

25, 2.14

50, 4.6

100, 8.76

Extremely slow - something is wrong...

I tried building the EXE and running the tests and it ran much more quickly. For an array size of 100 the time was only 0.05 seconds - over 100x faster. I tried mass-compiling my OpenG directory but no improvement.

Must be an issue with my LabVIEW environment...

VariantConfig V2.7

LV8.0

Download File:post-3634-1168657543.vi