version problems on compact field point

thieumat

Hi !

I’m new on compact field point platform and I have some versions compatibility problems :

on my controller (2120) :

fieldpoint drivers 5.1.2

fieldpoint Vi manager 4.0.0

real time 8.0

... (see the attached image)

this set-up was made by my predecessor (gone forever with the coding computer) for some obscure reasons and now my boss ask me to make some modification on the code, so I tried to deploy a new version on the FP and of course there is a version compatibility problem with versions installed on my computer

I have tried both LV 8.0, 8.2, LV real time 8.0, 8.2

I need LV and LV RT 8.2 to open the project and I was unable to export it to a previous version (8.0)

the recomended software for this controler is the FieldPoint driver compatible with LVRT 7.1 is FP Control Environment 5.0.2, and FP VI Manager 3.0.0.

real time 8.0 seems to be needed by the controller (instead of 7.1) but when I try to deploy I think 8.2 is used by my computer

the LV code deployed on the controller works fine but we need to add some fonctionalities, I was thinking of re-inteall all the compatible versions but my boss doesn’t want me to modify the software installed on the controller because in case of a problem we have a production problem ... so I can just do watever I want with my computer

in he's memories a NI guy is came few months ago to make some modification on the coding computer (gone) but there is no information about what does he made…

is there is a way to get off this $#!& ?

sorry for my poor english

matthieu

post-7496-1168733366.png?width=400

is there is a way to get off this $#!& ?

sorry for my poor english

Matthieu,

I have moderated your posting. Please refrain from the use of profanity. It does not promote the positive/constructive atmosphere that we work so hard to foster, here on LAVA. We are very forgiving of poor english, but don't like bad language. :)

Thank you,

-Jim

Hello Matthieu,

you need the same LV version on the CFP and computer. Your CFP has LV RT 8.0, your computer has LV 8.0 and LV RT 8.2. I advice you to install LV RT 8.2 on the CFP because it is more stable than LV 8.0, if you don't want to update the CFP you should install LV RT 8.0 on you PC. It is too bad You didn't show which FP software is installed on your computer, but I think you need the same matching set as on your target.

Ton

sorry Jim, I'll do my best

Hello Matthieu,

you need the same LV version on the CFP and computer. Your CFP has LV RT 8.0, your computer has LV 8.0 and LV RT 8.2. I advice you to install LV RT 8.2 on the CFP because it is more stable than LV 8.0, if you don't want to update the CFP you should install LV RT 8.0 on you PC. It is too bad You didn't show which FP software is installed on your computer, but I think you need the same matching set as on your target.

Ton

thank you Tom for your answer, a snapshot of my software in max is attached to my first post

My CFP is a 2120, designed to work with LV RT 7.1, 8.0 is installed, and you propose me to install LV RT 8.2, ok, are you sure this is compatible with my hardware ? I'm ready to do this but my boss is more scary than me, I've seen the procedure to install new software on CFP (http://www.ni.com/support/fieldpoint/fpenet.htm) I suppose this is as easy to uninstall software to get back to a previous version but is it possible to make a total backup of all the firmware and the installed programs to be sure not to loose anything on the controller in the eventuality of a potential problem ?

I didn't find any information on this kind of procedure on the web

matthieu

sorry Jim, I'll do my best

Never have LabView 7.1X Real-time and 8.0 or 8.2 Real-time on the same PC you must have 2 PC's on with LabView 7.1.1 and lower the other LabView 8.0x and higher (untill this moment)

Upgrading to a higher version of LabView is no problem.

To down grade a Fieldpoint to a lower Labview version set switch 7 on (safe mode) and start format disk from the MAX.

Connect the Fieldpoint to the version PC you want and install all the drivers and Labview on that Fieldpoint from the MAX

now everything must be OK.

thank you Tom for your answer, a snapshot of my software in max is attached to my first post

My CFP is a 2120, designed to work with LV RT 7.1, 8.0 is installed, and you propose me to install LV RT 8.2, ok, are you sure this is compatible with my hardware ? I'm ready to do this but my boss is more scary than me, I've seen the procedure to install new software on CFP (http://www.ni.com/support/fieldpoint/fpenet.htm) I suppose this is as easy to uninstall software to get back to a previous version but is it possible to make a total backup of all the firmware and the installed programs to be sure not to loose anything on the controller in the eventuality of a potential problem ?

I didn't find any information on this kind of procedure on the web

matthieu

oh, it's not as easy to downgrade ;p but it's ok

now my problem is : when I want to upgrade the labview realtime from 8.0 to 8.2 in my controller, like the 8 first steps here, and I have after a certain amount of time a "56 error code", possible reason is timeout, so I put the timeout to the maximum (360000) but the error is still there, any idea ?

matthieu