Odd behavior when Default Value terminal of Get Variant Attribute is unwired

ned

Before I report this to NI, would someone verify that this is incorrect behavior? See the attached VI and block diagram. I have a queue containing a variant. Sometimes the element in the queue has an attribute named "loop" and sometimes it doesn't. If the "loop" attribute does not exist, and the Default Value terminal is left unwired, the attribute value will be whatever it was the last time that attribute existed. If Default Value is wired to an empty variant constant (which should not be necessary, according to the documentation), then it works as expected.

post-3989-1169665808.gif?width=400

post-3989-1169665818.gif?width=400

Download File:post-3989-1169665735.vi

Verified in LV 8.2, the variant from Get Variant Attribute returns the last found variant and not the default value (empty variant)

Ton

Yep, that's a bug. Someone must've forgotten to clear the output when the input is unwired. I'll file the bug report for you.

This was reported to R&D (# 45PCAHGF) for further investigation.

(This post was edited to use the CAR number provided to Ned. I closed the duplicate.)

Yep, that's a bug. Someone must've forgotten to clear the output when the input is unwired. I'll file the bug report for you.

This was reported to R&D (# 45PA56J1) for further investigation.

Oops, then you've got a duplicate; NI support sent me CAR #45PCAHGF.