Delete (File) Bug: Confirm input ignored (oops your hard drive is deleted)

Jim Kring

In LabVIEW 8.2, it appears that the Delete file primitive has a nasty little bug, in that it ignores the confirm input, which is supposed to present an OK/Cancel confirmation dialog box to the end user, before deleting the file (or folder)!

post-17-1170231427.png?width=400

Cross-posted to ni forums, here.

Ouch!

This reminds of an old Dilbert cartoon. Dilbert is sitting in front of his PC and we can read the mesages on his screen.

"Preparing to install software"

"Clearing hard drive"

"placing order for software updates"

Ben

In LabVIEW 8.2, it appears that the Delete file primitive has a nasty little bug, in that it ignores the confirm input, which is supposed to present an OK/Cancel confirmation dialog box to the end user, before deleting the file (or folder)!

Jim,

I find that the confirm works correctly and asks for confirmation only if you leave the file input unwired (to use the file dialog)... But you're right, it ignores it if you wire in a file name... :headbang:

I find that the confirm works correctly and asks for confirmation only if you leave the file input unwired (to use the file dialog)... But you're right, it ignores it if you wire in a file name...

Jeff: Thanks for the extra info. I hadn't tried leaving the file input unwired. Seeing as how an empty path is actually the root folder of the file system (/), this could have been a dangerous test :o