Acquiring pulse generated using NI6229

NAGWI

Hi All,

I am trying to acquire the Pulse generated from a function generator in Labview using Ni6229 card.

Procedure followed:

1.Channel (NI6229)has been configured as analog in and function generator out has been connected to analog in of NI6229.

2.Ground of functiongenerator connected to GND pin of NI6229.

3.Wave form graph has been used to display the acquired signal.

When I run the VI , it is not displaying any pulses on the graph and also no error has been prompted.

Could any body suggest me the procedure to follow while acquiring signals from the device.

Regards,

NAG

SHOW US YOUR CODE! How can you expect us to comment on your process when you're not showing it to us?!? :blink:

whts their to show u man...I have given all the steps I did...its a straight forward question....

Regards,

NAG

Hi Nagwi,

could you tell how the channel is configured? It should be RSE and not NRSE/differential(default)

Ton

Thanx bud..I will try with it...

--NAG

whts their to show u man...I have given all the steps I did...its a straight forward question....

It's not a straight forward question at all - as far as the software component is convered, all you said was "I run the VI". What VI? How does it work? Did you write it? Is it an NI example? Is it an express VI? There are a bunch of ways to acheive what you said you did - and you're assuming that we'll automatically be thinking of your method. Code is worth a thousand words and helps us find errors much much more quickly than text chatting back and forth - it saves your time, and ours.

The proof is in the pudding: if you'd posted your code, I'd have worked on it and answered your question by now. Instead, I still don't know what your issue really is.

It's not a straight forward question at all - as far as the software component is convered, all you said was "I run the VI". What VI? How does it work? Did you write it? Is it an NI example? Is it an express VI? There are a bunch of ways to acheive what you said you did - and you're assuming that we'll automatically be thinking of your method. Code is worth a thousand words and helps us find errors much much more quickly than text chatting back and forth - it saves your time, and ours.

The proof is in the pudding: if you'd posted your code, I'd have worked on it and answered your question by now. Instead, I still don't know what your issue really is.

There are other issues also, what is the frequency and amplitude of your signal source and the sample rate and sample time configured for the channel of your daq card you are connected to? see here. The first place I start to determine connectivity is in MAX. Create a task for the input channel configurre it in MAX and use the test panels. Once you have a good signal in MAX, Then go to LabView. In the I/O control panel grab a DAqMX task control drop on front panel, select the Task from the pulldown, in the block diagram grab the DAQmx read wire in the task control and wire a graph to the output. You will need to select the apropriate read from the polymorphic VI selector, to match the way you configured it in MAX. Run the VI. This is just one of many ways to code and configure a channel, Express VI, DAQ assistant, Configured in Labview without MAX .... To summarize, if you have to ask the question, maybe your not the right person to determine what the pertinent information is.