Getting reference to remote VI inside built app

Is it possible to use VI server calls to get a reference to a VI inside a built application on a remote computer, if the remote computer does not have the labview development environment installed? I guess what I'm really asking is if the VI server is included in teh LV runtime engine or only in the development environment. I would be thankful for any answers :) .

/Gustav

Yes, this is possible..

Just make sure that you have an ini-file with the same name as your application's executable and make sure you enable tcp/ip access to your app. You can copy these settings from your labview.ini.

I think it's something like:

server.tcp.enabled=True

server.tcp.access=+*

to enable unrestricted access to your app.

Yes, this is possible..

Just make sure that you have an ini-file with the same name as your application's executable and make sure you enable tcp/ip access to your app. You can copy these settings from your labview.ini.

I think it's something like:

server.tcp.enabled=True

server.tcp.access=+*

to enable unrestricted access to your app.

Thanks, that sounds like exactly what I needed to know. And an impressively fast response too :) !

I got it to work, allthough I had no luck with the ini files so I used an application property node instead. Thanks!

You might have forgotten a piece that was omitted in the original post. If your application is called MyApp.exe create an ini file called MyApp.ini in the same directory and add:

[MyApp]

server.tcp.enabled=True

server.tcp.access=+*

Bascially the exact settings can be best configured in the LabVIEW development system and then copied over to your ini file but it is important to adapt the ini file header to match your application name. Leaving the VI server open entirely does not seem to be a very good idea to me.

Rolf Kalbermatter