Fast Fourier Transform

Dirk J.

QUOTE (Anders Björk @ Sep 16 2008, 10:41 AM)

Yes, in fact I've done in a similar way; I've downloaded the circular buffer VI but it doesn't work with my labview version.

This is however a simplified version of what is going on in my VI (the FFT here is done on 10 samples and is updated every sample).

QUOTE (Phantom_Lord @ Sep 16 2008, 07:21 PM)

Yes, in fact I've done in a similar way; I've downloaded the circular buffer VI but it doesn't work with my labview version.

This is however a simplified version of what is going on in my VI (the FFT here is done on 10 samples and is updated every sample).

It is the first time I have seen the use of feedback for implementing a circular buffer.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Thanks for the guru example, I had no porblem getting a 2d transform to work. But I can't get the inverse fft to work. Setting the directionality to (1) instead of (-1) for the forward still results in the forward fft. It seems like the call library node doesn't pass the sign correctly to the fftw dll. Do any of you have advice on how to prperly address the fftw dll to obtain the backward transform?

Thanks, Marijn

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
Has the attachements been removed for old posts?

A lot of them were lost in a server crash a few years back. You can clicking the report link on the relevant post and ask the moderators to look for the file, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that, as I don't know what tools they for that and if it's even still possible. If it's a useful file, then someone else might have it.