Column Resize Bug

Try this:

Open LabVIEW 8.2

Create an empty project

Right click on the My Computer in the project and create a New VI

Drop a tree control or multicolumn listbox or table onto the front panel

Try to resize the column widths with the resize tool (looks like this: <-||->)

If you can do this, it is because you do not have a source control system setup with LabVIEW.

If you do have source control setup (I am using Perforce) and find that you cannot resize the columns (like me), try this:

Locate the App Instance indicator on the lower left corner of the front panel.

Change this from My Computer to Main Application Instance

Now try to resize the columns in the tree or listbox or table. It should work.

This must be the most bizzare bug I have ever seen in LabVIEW...

-John

Try this:

-John

I also have been living with this problem, every time I want to resize a column I go into the options and select none for source code control, resize, then turn source code control back on. Thanks for the tip, sounds like a much easier work around.

I have another source code control bug ( sorry a little off topic) If I leave source control configured in labview, and go to a location where I don't have access to the source code server, open a project directly, Labview crashes. The only recovery from this crash is three finger salute. Even if I launch Labview first and try to turn off source code control, I can't, it already says none, because it didn't find the source code server. What it realy should report is not found and give you the option to select none. The work around I have been using is before I go to a location where I don't have access to the source code control I select none in labview for source code control. In the event that I forget to turn it off, I go into the labview INI and delete the three lines that correspond to source code control.

Has anybody else seen this problem? If so is there a better workaround?

I also have been living with this problem, every time I want to resize a column I go into the options and select none for source code control, resize, then turn source code control back on. Thanks for the tip, sounds like a much easier work around.

Another workaround for this is <ctrl-m> only applicable if the VI is runable and if you allow your user to resize the collumns... (I din't knew this was SCC related :worship: )

Has anybody else seen this problem? If so is there a better workaround?

Yep, and I just comment the lines out in labview.ini. I've reported it here and here and got replies from NI confirming that the next version/patch (I'm not sure which) will solve this.

Ton

Try this:

Open LabVIEW 8.2

Create an empty project

Right click on the My Computer in the project and create a New VI

Drop a tree control or multicolumn listbox or table onto the front panel

Try to resize the column widths with the resize tool (looks like this: <-||->)

If you can do this, it is because you do not have a source control system setup with LabVIEW.

If you do have source control setup (I am using Perforce) and find that you cannot resize the columns (like me), try this:

-John

The column resize issue has been reported to R&D (3Z98GSXE) for further investigation.