How does multiple event structures work?

gustav

Ok, so I am working with an application that has two event structures running in paralell loops. I didnt design the application, so I'm not completely sure how it works. One event ( quit button value change ) is handled in both event structures. What I'm wondering is, if an event is handled in multiple event structures, will all of them receive notification when the event occurs?

grateful for any clarification on this :) .

/Gustav

QUOTE(gustav @ Feb 14 2007, 11:23 AM)

What I'm wondering is, if an event is handled in multiple event structures, will all of them receive notification when the event occurs?

Yes, provided is not a filter event.

As a side note, I have experienced some problems with dynamic events catched in multiple structures, sometimes events "get lost", so I advise caution.

Saludos,

Aitor

QUOTE(Aitor Solar @ Feb 14 2007, 12:48 PM)

As a side note, I have experienced some problems with dynamic events catched in multiple structures, sometimes events "get lost", so I advise caution.

Events get missed quite often in LV 7.1.1 if there is more than one event listener running simultaneously but I have not seen it occurring in LabVIEW 8.0.1 nor 8.20. I think events were fixes for LV 8.

Tomi

Anyone considering multiple event structures should read the online help topic:

"Caveats and Recommendations when Using Events in LabVIEW"

Launch LV, use Help>>Search the LabVIEW Help... and use the Search tab to find the above topic. Of particular interest to you will be the topic about "Avoid Placing Two Event Structures in One Loop." It has further details about avoiding hanging when using multiple event structures in general.

QUOTE(Tomi Maila @ Feb 14 2007, 01:16 PM)

Is this only a problem with dynamic events, or with all? I'm working in labview 7.1.1 at the moment.

QUOTE(Aristos Queue @ Feb 14 2007, 05:04 PM)

Anyone considering multiple event structures should read the online help topic:

"Caveats and Recommendations when Using Events in LabVIEW"

Launch
LV
, use
Help>>Search the LabVIEW Help...
and use the
Search
tab to find the above topic. Of particular interest to you will be the topic about "Avoid Placing Two Event Structures in One Loop." It has further details about avoiding hanging when using multiple event structures in general.

Thanks, allthough I've allready had a look and it didnt answer this particular question. Definitely some good tips there though :) .