String Xcontrol

jdebuhr

I have a string Xcontrol on a User Dialog, it is in a cluster with about 10 other Strings. when running in the cluster you are able to table to each Control and enter info, BUT when you tab to my Xcontrol the cursor does not blink in the xcontrol, you are required to mouse click int he xcontrol to get the cursor to appear. is there a way to set the xcontrol to allow the string within it to be edited when usign tab to get to it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

QUOTE(Doon @ Feb 23 2007, 11:05 AM)

This is just an idea :rolleyes: , but have you tried using the "Key Down" event inside your XControl?

I suspect it would be possible to redirect characters "typed" on the XControl into the XControl's string.

cheers!

--H

DOH!! I didn't even think of that.. LOL, been busy on my end.. too.. I will have the guy I am training try it as I am leaving my current job on the 9th

QUOTE(jdebuhr @ Apr 4 2007, 04:10 PM)

DOH!! I didn't even think of that.. LOL, been busy on my end.. too.. I will have the guy I am training try it as I am leaving my current job on the 9th

I have had the same issue (and I don't know if I fixed it) BUT AFAIK the key down event doesn't exist for panes, only for 'this VI' and I'm not quite sure that that covers the XControl Facade....

Ton