Inverted counter signal

bjarket

Hi LabVIEW users!

How can I generate a pulse train that is the inverted signal of another pulse train?

I know how to start pulse trains with proper configuration of time and frequency, and that I can start two trains with inverse idle states, but how do I ensure that they are properly synchronized?

I'm using a NI PCI 6010 with two counters...

/BjarkeT

QUOTE(bjarket @ Feb 16 2007, 08:59 AM)

I know how to start pulse trains with proper configuration of time and frequency, and that I can start two trains with inverse idle states, but how do I ensure that they are properly synchronized?

You'll want to put both counter virtual channels into one DAQmx Task. If you're doing this all in software, create both of the virtual channels, then use the "DAQmx Create Task.vi" to create a task. (You'll need to also use the "DAQmx Flatten Channel String.vi" to take an array of virtual channels to the string Create Task wants). Then, once you start the task, it will start both of the counters at the same time.

Thanks for the replies!

I'll try the software solution when I'm near my development PC again...

When looking for the "DAQmx Flatten Channel String.vi" I found the "DAQmx connect terminals.vi" which allows for connection and inversion of signals. Unfortunately, there is no information about optional routing in the product documentation for the NI 6010. Guess I'll have to test this also on the hardware :-)