Compact Fieldpoint XML / File Error Codes

geirove

Hello,

Tried this on the NI forum, but got no response, so here goes:

I am writing a system that I first test on the PC and will later download to a Compact FieldPoint (cFP) that I have no experience with so far, and do not have available yet. I know I can define errors in a XML format in a Text File using the Tools>>Advanced>>Edit Error Codes tool in LV. However does any know if this XML Text File also will be downloadable to the cFP and used tranparanly? Or do I have do create my custom errors in another way that works on both the PC and the cFP ? Thanks for any tips !

QUOTE(geirove @ Feb 18 2007, 01:42 AM)

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=230583#M230583' target="_blank">Here.

It is really much better to include a link, so that people can see with a single click whether anyone else already helped. The same applies to the NI forums.

You might want to try the NI FieldPoint board, where you're likely to get an answer. It's been a while since the last time I wrote an FP app, and I don't think it handled custom error codes, so I can't help you there.