Simultaneously deploying an exe on multiple RT's

Hi all,

I have multiple RT targets (6). I am deploying the same executable on all 6 of them. Currently, I have the 6 targets set up in my project, and when making a change, I build the exe on one target and copy over the build folder on my desktop to the other six targets build folder. This is to avoid the loooonng wait involved in re-building the same application 5 more times...

Then I deploy the exe by right clicking on each target.. a very slow and cumbersome procedure.

1 Is there a way to build and deploy simultaneously onto all 6 targets at once?

2 Is there a way to copy build settings from one target to another?

3 Can the OpenG build tools help with this?

Thanks,

Neville.

QUOTE(Tom Eilers @ Feb 20 2007, 03:12 AM)

A: With LabView 8.2 is a special deployment application for multiple targets.

B: If you don't have LabView 8.2 than start the Max select you remote target.

Right click and you will see an ftp option start this.

go to the startup directory in you target and copy the startup.exe from and/to the other targets.

That's very simple.

Sure, I am using LV 8.2. Problem is with each RT as a separate target, you have to build the SAME application again and deploy it again for each separate target.

Trying to do all this on the factory floor with a laptop and a wireless connection is quite difficult. It would be nice to have a two-button solution: "Build" followed by "deploy all".

Neville.

LabVIEW System Replication Tools

Take a look at the following link

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3937

The LabVIEW System Replication tools make this much.....much easier.

Configure one RT system the way you need it

Download an image of the system

Upload new image to as many targets as you need

I am not sure if the bug has been fixed, however there was a small issue with the built EXE that is included in the ZIP file. It required that the MAC address was the same in order to upload the image.

If you run the source code version, you can easily modify this behavior to disregard the MAC address.

QUOTE(gsussman @ Feb 20 2007, 11:46 AM)

LabVIEW System Replication Tools

Take a look at the following link

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3937

The LabVIEW System Replication tools make this much.....much easier.

Configure one RT system the way you need it

Download an image of the system

Upload new image to as many targets as you need

I am not sure if the bug has been fixed, however there was a small issue with the built EXE that is included in the ZIP file. It required that the MAC address was the same in order to upload the image.

If you run the source code version, you can easily modify this behavior to disregard the MAC address.

Thanks for the tip!! Sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees. I had already modified the utility to backup my RT images. I can use the RT<->RT feature to move over software.

You are right, you can't upload the image if the MAC address doesn't match. There is no way to modify this part of the code (behind a p'word protected VI). I suspect it is an anti-piracy feature to prevent copying the LV-RT runtime from a licenced target to an unlicenced target.

Neville.