How to change the "type specifier VI Refnum"

Hi,

I created a parent class and some child classes having the same data which is a cluster type def. In my application, I call the "create by reference" VI of parent class with the path to the "Create" VI of the child classes and pass a cluster data.

After change one element in this type def, I use the apply change for the all clusters. The problem is the "type specifier VI Refnum" did not change, so I can not connect the new cluster to the call by reference node anymore.

I need to update the "type specifier VI Refnum" but I don't know how to do that.

Thank you in advance any help.

Thang Nguyen

QUOTE(tcplomp @ Feb 22 2007, 07:30 AM)

Hi Thang,

right click on the specifier, select class -> Browse.... and browse for a file that matches exactly (type defs/names/required states) the dynamic VI

Ton

Or just drag the updated VI to the "type specifier VI Refnum".

You might also have to right click on the "call by reference node", and select "adapt to type" (or something similar), to get the node working correctly.

/J

QUOTE(JFM @ Feb 22 2007, 03:16 AM)

Or just drag the updated VI to the "type specifier VI Refnum".

You might also have to right click on the "call by reference node", and select "adapt to type" (or something similar), to get the node working correctly.

/J

To TCPLOMP and JFM: Thank you so much, I can change it now. :thumbup: .