Could we create mltiple instances of a class of GOOP?

Actually it looks like code generated from the open source GOOP Template using GOOP Developer, the mention of the DataIO class strongly suggests this.

If so then I'm happy to help, looks like you are having some difficulty with inheritance that I may be able to help you with.

QUOTE(SciWare @ Feb 27 2007, 07:53 PM)

Actually it looks like code generated from the open source GOOP Template using GOOP Developer, the mention of the DataIO class strongly suggests this.

If so then I'm happy to help, looks like you are having some difficulty with inheritance that I may be able to help you with.

As always Kurt, you are correct! Thang took over my LabVIEW projects in the company and is using the GOOP Developer. I moved to other projects. I'd appreciate if you'll help him with the wonderful GOOP Developer like you've helped me.

Thanks,

Ami

QUOTE(Ami @ Feb 28 2007, 01:12 AM)

As always Kurt, you are correct! Thang took over my LabVIEW projects in the company and is using the GOOP Developer. I moved to other projects. I'd appreciate if you'll help him with the wonderful GOOP Developer like you've helped me.

Thanks,

Ami

To Ami: Nice to meet you here :)

I highly appreciate all of your helps.

I think I found my bug. In my program, I use the same VI which transforms from one kind of cluster to another kind of cluster. The problem is I use the same VI for different array of different device. But when I check the input and output, both of them are the same.

Can I use the same VI (normal VI not from GOOP) as multiple clone or I have to rename it? I try to use reentrance, not quite understand, but I see the same result.

Thang Nguyen

Hi Thang

I think the best way for me to help you is if I were able to view your code and make some suggestions, or even assist you to some degree. From the image you posted it looks like there is some confusion in how to implement inheritance, it appears that you have just created a parent class and then wired an enum into it to tell it what its behavior is.

I have set you up with a FTP account on my site so if you wish you can zip up your project and send it up, I'll then take a look at what you have done and help you out.

I'll send you a personal message with my e-mail address so you can contact me and I can send you the details of how to access the FTP account.

QUOTE(yen @ Mar 2 2007, 02:38 AM)

Kurt, I just started checking out the option of making IO classes with some inherited classes and the DataIO class definitely looks like a potential base for examination.

:thumbup:

Cool, glad you like it, it's powerful stuff. I used a variant of the DataIO class a while ago to make a logging system for a WW2 era sea plane that was being re-commissioned. By making children of the DataIO class I was able to make a logging system that could acquire data from GPS, the engine management system, gyros, digital inputs, analog inputs etc. All I had to do to get the data was call DataIO.Read on the children. Adding new hardware into the system was easy, all I had to do is make a new child or sibling that could handle it, the application never needed to change.