Sherif

AA

My name is Sherif, I'm an Egyptian Engineer ECE dept.(Ain shams university) ;) .

I started using labview in my graduation project and i like it so much, how easy :( , Simple :nono: , illustrative :blink: and powerfull software it is. :throwpc:

anyway i'm writing this topic to introduce myself not labview :P .

I really need your help in Labview

:arrow: "Help a man when he is in trouble and he will remember you when he is in trouble again" :!:

S. Farouk

Hi Sherif.

I hope you will find the forums useful, and that you'll make contributions that will benefit other people as well.

Please don't be offended by my next remark: in my opinion it will help if you don't use too much font-formatting or emoticons; this will increase the "readability" of your posts. That will increase the willingness of people here to help you.

Best regards, Dirk.

QUOTE(Dirk J. @ Mar 6 2007, 04:33 PM)

Please don't be offended by my next remark: in my opinion it will help if you don't use too much font-formatting or emoticons; this will increase the "readability" of your posts. That will increase the willingness of people here to help you.

I've developed an internal spam filter so that I simply ignore text with too much font-formatting.

QUOTE(Tomi Maila @ Mar 6 2007, 08:54 PM)

I've developed an internal spam filter so that I simply ignore text with too much font-formatting.

that triggers me... i'm using firefox w/greasemonkey, writing a script to 'downscale' all text shouldn't be that difficult.

QUOTE(Dirk J. @ Mar 6 2007, 04:33 PM)

Hi Sherif.

I hope you will find the forums useful, and that you'll make contributions that will benefit other people as well.

Best regards, Dirk.

OK Dirk thank you for feedback & another thank you for replying my post, i'll try to be active as much as i can.

Best regards

Sherif

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Gurkan,

Welcome to LAVA. It is great to see people who worked with 3.1 return to LabVIEW. Yes, a lot has changed, like the fact that your Ctrl+S keys don't wear out and your screen doesn't spend half it's time in blue, as in BSOD ;)

Seriously, I hope that you get and give a lot here!

post-932-1159825841.gif

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Howdy,

I am a 52-year old, married, father-of-one, test engineer for Woodward in Zeeland, MI. We make nozzles for turbine combustion systems. I test them. I've been doing that only 2 years. But I have 15 years in automotive fatigue and durability at my former employers of Paustra (3 years) and Benteler (12 years).

My familiarity with LabVIEW is beginner-level. I do have one testing machine currently running on LabVIEW 8.0 which I had formerly had running (somewhat kludgedly) in pure Perl.

I am entirely self-taught in programming. The history of my experience is as follows:

1. Forth - now all but forgotten.

2. PostScript - which I once used to do quite a lot but now only use for printing.

3. Perl - which I now use for almost everything but machine control.

4. Python - studied for a while but found nothing I couldn't do in Perl so gave it up.

5. SQL - which I use when I need to.

6. C - which I studied very briefly, enough to decide I hate it and quit.

7. LabVIEW - at which I am rank beginner but recognize will be very, very useful indeed.

Anyway, I'll be searching the forum for how to launch Perl from LabVIEW. I don't need to send it anything, or get anything back, just launch it at a given time...probably end-of-test.

I have several projects on my plate. I am planning them to pretty much all be detailed like so...

1. LabVIEW will control the hardware and store data in CSV.

2. LabVIEW should then launch Perl to parse the CSV, perform calculations and store the data in SQLite.

3. Perl will then generate the report in PostScript.

4. Perl will launch GhostScript to convert the *.PS to *.PDF.

The PDF will be for sending to customers. Our own records will be the SQL database itself.

I did make some attempt to generate pretty reports using pure LabVIEW but was either too clueless to get the pretty results I desired. I don't want to bend our report formats around LabVIEW's expectations. With Perl and PostScript I can always get just exactly what I want. Anyone more clue-endowed than myself is invited to try talking me out if it.

Respectfully,

Gan (say like "John")

QUOTE(Yen @ Jan 29 2008, 01:26 PM)

Welcome to LAVA.

Before you start searching too much, you might wish to search for the System Exec VI. :)

Yup. Found it. And indeed it does work. Thank you.

My book, "LabVIEW for Everyone" was not too very helpful with explaining this particular item. And that is why I originally chose to register here. But then while just stumbling around in LabVIEW itself I somehow got to an example...I think by simply double-clicking on the System Exec VI...which was very informative. Once to there I was able to play with various things and get it to work.

Hi there everyone, I am a electronic engeneering student from Venezuela, and actually i am working on a submarine robot project developing a wireless communciation system for the platform. Beeing using labview almost 2 years ago, but doing very basic stuff, almost everything just chaching some basics from the examples, but now things are getting complicated.

Hope i can find some help with some understanding I have about integrating an ip camera to labview, so in that matter i can work on some video processing skills.

Thanks to everyone, regards

R. Alves