LabView to VB Down & Dirty Comparison Request

I've heard a lot of the accolades for LV, but I haven't seen what I consider a breakdown of the strengths and weaknesses of both LV & VB. My production test applications typically require these capabilities:+ integration of existing VB6 USB applications (e.g., code written by Texas Instruments) -- high percentage of application+ RS-232 control of a device (assume both new & older equipment)+ USB control of a device (assume no LV driver exists)+ bit banging+ some GPIB control (pre-Agilent (H.P.) instruments -- generally not very much GPIB code per application Also, if I needed to write the low level stuff in VB, what restrictions/requirements are there for calling VB functions from LV? I have a client-server application coming up where I'll have a client communicating with two USB servers. The USB servers will be asynchronously responding to 1/sec queries from the UUT -- most of the responses by the servers to the UUT will not require communication with the client. They'll be "I'm still here responses" with occasional responses to the client and commands from the client. My plan is to use IP sockets. One for each server application and one for the client and let XP's preemptive multi-tasking handle the time slicing. One application trying to manage this would suffer bottlenecks and be hard to debug. Anyone know enough about VB and LV to provide me a much needed objective comparison? Thanks,Bill

• 5 months later...