"Variant to Data" in a SubVi

Guia

QUOTE(Guia @ Mar 8 2007, 07:38 AM)

Does someone know, how do i use the "Variant to Data" function in a SubVi, or simply a variant, so that the subVi output wire automaticaly adapts to my indicator?

You could use a polymorphic VI that has different output types, and create one for every type you want to use. You'd also have to manually switch between them, or create a 'type' input terminal that would pick with instance you're using.

Not the elegant solution you're looking for, but it's less confusing than XNodes :P

QUOTE(Jeff Plotzke @ Mar 8 2007, 02:50 PM)

You could use a polymorphic VI that has different output types, and create one for every type you want to use. You'd also have to manually switch between them, or create a 'type' input terminal that would pick with instance you're using.

Indeed, this sounds better for me... Not that i dont want to know how xnodes are working, i just dont have enough time to learn :rolleyes:

QUOTE(Guia @ Mar 8 2007, 06:15 PM)

Indeed, this sounds better for me... Not that i dont want to know how xnodes are working, i just dont have enough time to learn :rolleyes:

Well if I have followed the news about Xnodes well, they work a lot like XControls for front panel items, so XControls are a good way to start to learn!

Ton