QUOTE(Eugen Graf @ Mar 8 2007, 07:39 PM)

Hello,

can anybody give me step by step instruction, how to create small icons. Any documentation or linkk to any thread. I need icons without border, should I fill it with "transparent" color? But I can't choose transparency in icon editor.

Thanks, Eugen

You just have to paint the Icon desired, white border will be transparent....

Copy the painted ICON to 16 colors and B&W...

(just deleting the B&W Icon doesn't work)

By using invoke nodes, you can even make a completely transparent (invisible) ICON of a vi. Then you see that vi only in the vi- hierarchie...

QUOTE(Eugen Graf @ Mar 9 2007, 05:34 PM)

Thanks for your answers. The important info which is to know is to erase ALL OF 3 ICONS.

Whilst completely "erasing" all three icons is indeed possible, it is very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very bad form.

QUOTE(crelf @ Mar 9 2007, 01:46 PM)

Whilst completely "erasing" all three icons is indeed possible, it is very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very bad form.

But you can't do that with the built-in ICON Editor, you always get an error message when you try to save a transparent ICON...

...and LabVIEW then paints for B&W an white ICON with a black border...

QUOTE(martin@aerodynamics @ Mar 9 2007, 11:15 PM)

But you can't do that with the built-in ICON Editor, you always get an error message when you try to save a transparent ICON...

If you have only one input and their datatypes are the same class, you can, however, create an icon that looks like a wire :shifty:

QUOTE(martin@aerodynamics @ Mar 9 2007, 05:15 AM)

I don't know if I should say this, but you can almost make the icon invisible using the editor. On the BW put one black pixel in the center (or where ever you whish), then copy the BW icon to the 256 color icon. After that change the 256 color icon center black pixel to the lighter shade of grey LV will accept. Et Voila, you end up with a one very light grey one pixel icon.

PJM

QUOTE(crelf @ Mar 9 2007, 08:17 AM)

If you have only one input and their datatypes are the same class, you can, however, create an icon that looks like a wire :shifty:

I just noticed that, if you use the block diagram grid, LV places a one pixel wide gap around wires, but not around VIs or controls/indicators. So, for a wire, the grid stops one pixel away, but not for a sub VI.

I can't believe I just saw this. Is there such a thing as being too detail-oriented?

QUOTE(crelf @ Mar 9 2007, 08:17 AM)

Hm... you just made me think of something sneaky... see attached VI (saved in LV8.2).

Open the top level VI of the attached LLB. The VI has a numeric control on the FP and a numeric indicator on the FP. Run the VI and the value of the control will be doubled and put into the indicator. But the block diagram has no visible wires connecting the two FP terminals and, indeed, nothing but those two FP terminals and a free label that says "Look ma! No wires!"

EDIT: Even better... look at the VI Hierarchy window and note that there are no subVIs shown.

Yes, I am going to file a CAR about this...

QUOTE(Michael_Aivaliotis @ Mar 12 2007, 05:57 PM)

Are you saying we shouldn't be allowed to have classes with pure white appearance of wire?

Well, that's one option. Or I could just say, "Silly user, don't do that." But I think the best solution would be if I go change the default background for all VIs to diagonal multi-color stripes so that no matter what wire color/pattern you choose you can always see it against the background. Don't you think? :yes: