Write Jpeg in LV 6.1

QUOTE(jbrohan @ Mar 8 2007, 02:28 PM)

Gee, you know how to make the older neurons creak and pop, don't you?

To convert between picture and flattened image data:

http://forums.lavag.org/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=5164

This includes a test VI demonstrating what you ask for.

To get a little fancier, with more options on writing to files,

and goodies with the pixmap manipulations:

http://forums.lavag.org/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=5163

The old technique is shown here, using pixmap arrays & subVIs with refs back to picture data.

Now my head hurts :blink:

I agree on the why? part. I think that the 7.0 or 7.1 installations should not be any more complex.

Anyway, two additional suggestions:

Can you try using Mike's method, but simply use the control's Get Image method?

Also, can't you backsave the Picture to Pixmap VI from LV 7.0? It's password protected, which I assume means that its diagram is still there. Or does LV consider that a system VI and does not allow backsaving it?

QUOTE(yen @ Mar 10 2007, 02:53 PM)

Also, can't you backsave the Picture to Pixmap VI from LV 7.0? It's password protected, which I assume means that its diagram is still there. Or does LV consider that a system VI and does not allow backsaving it?

I tried backsaving before I posted the VIs above, but LabVIEW told me it could not do the save for me.

I have a lot of stuff open in 8.2 right now, so I don't really want to fire up 6.1 to check the get image method. I am not sure, but I think I recall that the VIs I posted were from a version before we had the Get Image Method available.

Funny, all the hacks we've done over the years to work around something, that later we get to replace later with some of the goodies we've gotten from the Elves.

It works beautifully. Thanks very much.

If anyone wants to join a project to extract the images sent from cell phones to an email address just sign up. I've got Cingular.blackberry, fido.ca, rogers.ca and txtbell.ca all with their own different ideas about how it should be done!

John

Now my head hurts :blink:
but it does feel good too! J