LabVIEW has a new public beta

REM1

National Instruments has opened the beta program for its next release of LabVIEW. If you'd be interested in participating, go to http://ni.com/beta, select LabVIEW from the drop box on the right and fill out the form.

I have it on good authority that the beta coordinator is pretty accepting of applications. ;)

QUOTE(REM1 @ Mar 9 2007, 06:11 AM)

I have it on good authority that the beta coordinator is pretty accepting of applications. ;)

Well he accepted me, so he must be! :D

Just to clarify: this isn't a public beta - your participation in the program must be authorized by NI.

QUOTE(REM1 @ Mar 8 2007, 04:39 PM)

True, your participation must be authorized by NI. When I say public beta I mean one where you can request admittance by going to ni.com/beta as opposed to a private beta where you must get an invitation email from me the beta coordinator just to get to the signup page. :shifty:

It seems to help if you have beta tested before (some of us are well into the double digits on betas now), but they are always interested in new beta testers, as they look at things with a fresh eye, as contrasted with us older seasoned battle-hardened persons-of-prior-testing who sometimes tend to look at things the same way. :P

To quote from RAH again:

"To stay young requires unceasing cultivation of the ability to unlearn old falsehoods"

QUOTE(LV Punk @ Mar 9 2007, 12:58 PM)

post-949-1173462837.gif

The only thing better than beta is alfa, I mean alpha,

The corollary is that the only thing more dangerous than beta is alpha

(the fact that alfa is more dangerous than alpha goes without saying...)

Several nice goodies here, especially lips_sealed.gif and lips_sealed.gif,

and I really can't wait to test post-5877-1173200843.pngpost-5877-1173200843.pngpost-5877-1173200843.png

:beer:

QUOTE(crelf @ Mar 9 2007, 02:59 PM)

They're prety cool, but you've forgotten about lips_sealed.gif and lips_sealed.gif - they're awesome!

I just installed the beta (took forever) and read the release notes and I tried lips_sealed.gif and lips_sealed.gif and love them. Oh and don't forget the new lips_sealed.gif . See you all all on the beta forum because we cannot talk about the new stuff here.

QUOTE(Tomi Maila @ Mar 10 2007, 03:00 AM)

I actually already send an email about this issue to the beta coordinator, the response was it will take a few days to become accessible to me. So we shall see.

PJM