ECG signal

karim

I will start to use labview_80_1 , I want to use it to show the ECG signal , But my first question is , how I can get the signal from the electrode by( parallel port for example) or other way , please any one know any information help me by send it for my email: karimhamama@yahoo.com

QUOTE(karim @ Mar 27 2007, 05:44 PM)

This is a kind of elementary question that will more likely be answered at NI forums at http://forums.ni.com''>http://forums.ni.com' target="_blank">http://forums.ni.com. This is a forum for advanced issues as the name of the forum very well tells. However before posting, please at least try to read tutorials, documentation and go trough examples. You don't learn a new programming language by doing nothing yourself. Nobody will do the work for you. Second, if you post the question to a forum either here or there, the aswer will as well be posted to the forum so that it will benefit all the readers and not just you. That is the way forums work. So do not ask for an email answer. If you want an email answer, you can purchase support contract from National Instruments. Third do not format your text, do not use big fonts etc. It will only make those who could help you annoyed and they are more likely not to help you. So yes, it gets more attention that way but that is a bad thing and not a good thing as you may have thought.

And then to your question. I must be patient today... Perhaps it's the spring. You cannot record directly from an electrode. At least it's not wise. You need stuff like an amplifier that amplifies your signal. This is it's own field of science and you should study it before you do anything else. Read some introductory text to electrophysiological measurements. After the signal is properly amplified and the setup is properly build in all the other ways as well, you can record the data with LabVIEW. To do this you need special hardware i.e. a DAQ card. See National instruments web pages for DAQ hardware. I recommend a "low cost" M-series PCI card that fits your needs. Only after you have your set-up ready and you can start playing around with the software side. By the time, check LabVIEW examples about data aquisition.

p.s. Your question didn't deserve this good an answer. I was pollite. Please be pollite to our community and behave according to the recommendations I suggested.

Tomi

p.s. Your question didn't deserve this good an answer. I was pollite. Please be pollite to our community and behave according to the recommendations I suggested.

Not only do I agree with this, but I was surprised to see a post with anything more than HH for the text.

lol, Whatever kind of coffee your drinking you better start sharing with the rest of us.

Dave

QUOTE(Dave Graybeal @ Mar 27 2007, 06:32 PM)

lol, Whatever kind of coffee your drinking you better start sharing with the rest of us.

Man,

when I saw the post, I was starting up a rant (just to keep the feeling).

But I think Tomi got a raise (or his hands on the LVOOP sourcecode) today....

Ton

QUOTE(Tomi Maila @ Mar 27 2007, 06:26 PM)

This is a kind of elementary question that will more likely be answered at NI forums at http://forums.ni.com''>http://forums.ni.com' target="_blank">http://forums.ni.com. This is a forum for advanced issues as the name of the forum very well tells. However before posting, please at least try to read tutorials, documentation and go trough examples. You don't learn a new programming language by doing nothing yourself. Nobody will do the work for you. Second, if you post the question to a forum either here or there, the aswer will as well be posted to the forum so that it will benefit all the readers and not just you. That is the way forums work. So do not ask for an email answer. If you want an email answer, you can purchase support contract from National Instruments. Third do not format your text, do not use big fonts etc. It will only make those who could help you annoyed and they are more likely not to help you. So yes, it gets more attention that way but that is a bad thing and not a good thing as you may have thought.

And then to your question. I must be patient today... Perhaps it's the spring. You cannot record directly from an electrode. At least it's not wise. You need stuff like an amplifier that amplifies your signal. This is it's own field of science and you should study it before you do anything else. Read some introductory text to electrophysiological measurements. After the signal is properly amplified and the setup is properly build in all the other ways as well, you can record the data with LabVIEW. To do this you need special hardware i.e. a DAQ card. See National instruments web pages for DAQ hardware. I recommend a "low cost" M-series PCI card that fits your needs. Only after you have your set-up ready and you can start playing around with the software side. By the time, check LabVIEW examples about data aquisition.

Tomi

At the first I’m sorry if t make any thing that make all the member attack me, but I hope that all member if found anew member like me want to about anew thing (I’m student in the faculty of engineering) must be help him, not bemock from him in the end I very sad from this situation.

QUOTE(karim @ Apr 3 2007, 04:27 AM)

I very sad from this situation

We don't ask much here at LAVA - we just expect you to try. In future, try to solve the problem yourself - then, if you still can't solve it, ask a question, but be sure to post what you've already tried. Your original post came across as though you just wanted someone to do your homework for you - that's why you drew the responses you got. Personally, if I were you, I'd be very very thankful that you got off as lightly as you did - I've seen forums (not just this one) crush members that post threads like yours.