What Labview Book Would YOU recommend ?

dannyt

Hi,

I am trying to decided which Labview Books or Books to splash some of my hard earned cash on. I am after something mid-level to advanced and I want to ensure that it covers Labview 8.0(8.2 would be nice). Can anyone give me their views on any of the books below or and other I may have missed.

It might be a good idea to have a Labview Book / Books review section in the Wiki. Even if reviews are not put there we could have a synopsis and as some have been written by regular contributors to LAVA at least things like what Labview version different editions of books cover, would be correct, something hard to tell from Amazon.co.uk

Having looked on the web, my short list at present is (not in any particular order)

Labview Adv Prog Tech 2 Ed - Bitter Richard;

2Rev Ed edition (29 Sep 2006)

I cannot really find much out about this book, I assume it covers Labview 8.0 as the 2nd edition was published 2006 but I do not know for sure and the only blurb I can find suggest it only goes to Labview 7.0

Labview for Everyone: Graphical Programming Made Easy and Fun Third Edition- James Kring;

On Amazon.co.uk, it sais

Synopsis This is the No. 1 step-by-step guide to Labview - now completely updated for Labview 8! ........

From The Back Cover The #1 step-by-step guide to Labview—now completely updated for Labview 6i.

help ??

The Labview Style Book (National Instruments Virtual Instrumentation) - Daniel J. Inman;

I have seen comments about this book in the Lava forums.

http://forums.lavag.org/Blog-Thinking-in-G...st=0#entry26809

It looks very interesting (shame it is £60 +)

Labview Graphical Programming - Gary W. Johnson;

4Rev Ed edition (1 Aug 2006) I cannot really find out anything useful regard this book at all

cheers

As always when looking between Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk one would never guess what the current exchange rate £ to $ really is. :rolleyes:

danny

I can tell you my experience with two of them.

Labview Adv Prog Tech 2 Ed - Bitter Richard;

Best book I ever read on advanced LabVIEW. Its still my #1 night reading book.

Labview for Everyone: Graphical Programming Made Easy and Fun Third Edition- James Kring;

This book (my opinion) covers the basics better than anything NI puts out. Also JK posts here at the forum much with extremely useful stuff.

I had no problem ponying up my own money for this book. Many many useful things I did not know about LV make me better programmer.

QUOTE(dannyt @ Apr 4 2007, 02:42 PM)

Hi

I have just got the book " The LabVIEW Style Book" by Peter A. Blume

In combination with "LabVIEW for Eeveryone" I found this is the best LabVIEW book I ever read. :thumbup:

best regards

Bjarne

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE(dannyt @ Mar 29 2007, 07:28 AM)

Regarding Jim's book:

I would like to pass on the thanks of my boss to Jim for his book. He is going to be suggesting that text for a LabVIEW based course he will be teaching at Carnegie Mellon University here in Pittsburgh PA.

He did not have long to talk but was excited about it covering everything he thought he would need.

Thank you Jim!

Ben

QUOTE(Ben @ Apr 23 2007, 11:10 AM)

Regarding Jim's book:

I would like to pass on the thanks of my boss to Jim for his book. He is going to be suggesting that text for a LabVIEW based course he will be teaching at Carnegie Mellon University here in Pittsburgh PA.

He did not have long to talk but was excited about it covering everything he thought he would need.

Thank you Jim!

Ben

Hi Ben,

That's exciting news! It's inspiring to be a small part of helping the LabVIEW and engineering experts of tomorrow get a good start at LabVIEW, today :)

Thanks,