Open all clones of a reentrant VI

Hi guys

I am using a reentrant VI which has several clones dynamically created through Open VI Reference. I would like to open the FPs of all those clones for debugging purposes (most of the time it is enough for me to have a look at what the FPs display). I know I can do the clone FP opening programmatically, but can I do it from the IDE once my application is already running?

Vladimir

QUOTE(Vladimir Drzik @ Mar 29 2007, 05:26 PM)

Hi guys

I am using a reentrant VI which has several clones dynamically created through Open VI Reference. I would like to open the FPs of all those clones for debugging purposes (most of the time it is enough for me to have a look at what the FPs display). I know I can do the clone FP opening programmatically, but can I do it from the IDE once my application is already running?

Vladimir

Hi vladimir

I'm not sure that you can do that, because it's not sure than the clones have front panel too.

Try with this small tools find on NI site

Regards

QUOTE(Vladimir Drzik @ Mar 29 2007, 08:26 AM)

Hi guys

Vladimir

Why dont you make the clone VI's re-entrant and then make the re-entrant VI "open front panel when called". That way all instances will automatically open up at run-time. If you dont want some of them open, just close the window (it wont stop the VI from running).

The only issue with this method is that its hard to figure out which instance is which.

Neville.

QUOTE(Neville D @ Mar 29 2007, 07:38 PM)

Why dont you make the clone VI's re-entrant and then make the re-entrant VI "open front panel when called". That way all instances will automatically open up at run-time. If you dont want some of them open, just close the window (it wont stop the VI from running).

The only issue with this method is that its hard to figure out which instance is which.

Neville.

Yes of course I can do that. But I just don't want the four windows to pop up every time I run my application. I need them only in case my application is running and there seems to be something going wrong.

Vladimir