How to remove this breakpoint?

QUOTE(Eugen Graf @ Apr 2 2007, 11:40 AM)

Hello LAVAs,

until debugging I unintentionally clicked on while loop and an breakpoint inside the while loop was created. Now I dont know how to remove it. Here my screenshot. No selection for removing by right klicking on the loop appears.

Eugen

Use the break point tool from the Tools-Palette.

When the break point tool is black, it will add a breakpoint, when it is white it will remove a previously added breakpoint.

In your case use the tool and click within the loop.

/J

QUOTE(JFM @ Apr 2 2007, 12:16 PM)

When the break point tool is black, it will add a breakpoint, when it is white it will remove a previously added breakpoint.

/J

Thanks, I normally don't use breakpoint tool, so I couln't know this. It was really automatically tool selection, as you wrote.

Eugen

QUOTE(JFM @ Apr 2 2007, 11:16 AM)

/J

I normally use this 'trick' with the CTRL button down (in run mode (ctrl-m)), no break point tool selection needed

Ton

...and while we're talking about breakpoints, don't forget the nifty "Remove Breakpoints from Hierarchy" feature in LabVIEW 8.2 that will remove all the breakpoints from the hierarchy of a VI, so you don't have to go searching for any breakpoints you may have left in the diagram of your VI (or any of its subVIs) while debugging.

-D

QUOTE(Darren @ Apr 3 2007, 08:50 AM)

...don't forget the nifty "Remove Breakpoints from Hierarchy" feature...

That still kind-a frightens me - it's like removing all the lock-out tags in a factory and powering the whole plant on :)

Maybe I'm just getting too post-949-1161013345.gif

QUOTE(Aristos Queue @ Apr 2 2007, 03:48 PM)

Three breakpoints on this diagram:

http://forums.lavag.org/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=5389

The outermost will break when the VI is called as a subVI.

The outside of the loop will break when the loop is first hit.

The inside of the loop will break on each iteration of the loop.

hmm...

http://forums.lavag.org/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=5390

PJM

QUOTE(Darren @ Apr 2 2007, 03:50 PM)

...and while we're talking about breakpoints, don't forget the nifty "Remove Breakpoints from Hierarchy" feature in LabVIEW 8.2 that will remove all the breakpoints from the hierarchy of a VI, so you don't have to go searching for any breakpoints you may have left in the diagram of your VI (or any of its subVIs) while debugging.

-D

I absolutely love this feature!

QUOTE(Michael_Aivaliotis @ Apr 3 2007, 04:14 PM)

I absolutely love this feature!

I'd rather a warning and a list of breakpoints at build time, and then the opportunity to step through the breakpoints and selectively delete them. This is especially important when code's been worked on by multiple developers.