Macro

QUOTE(Aitor Solar @ Apr 1 2007, 10:55 PM)

Does anybody knows what the Macro External Node is for? Is located in the <LVdir>/resource/Macro.llb/;DMacroizer (without extension). Unfortunately, this External Node and its subVIs are password-protected :( . Presumably, given its name, it transforms something in a "macro" (whatever is that).

Saludos,

Aitor

I'm not sure how far back this goes (probably as far back as the Macroizer thing exists), but this VI appears to run in one instance. Apparently you can have an automatic "macroization" of any VI you want.

(This was tested in LabVIEW 8.20)

Step one: take a VI "xx.vi", rename it "xx.vim"

Step two: drag it onto the block diagram

Now this VI is a subVI, but note you cannot double click on it to enter the VI itself. I imagine that all the other problems that plague External Nodes in general exist here also, which might be why this behavior is not advertised. You can still access the VI through the VI Heirarchy, although if you copy the VI around the Block Diagram then you might not see it listed as a subVI of that VI (?!?!). I'm sure a lot more "interesting" results can be found...I really don't know what purpose this could have, but then again the locked VI might have some more stuff in it than just this.

Weird stuff.

QUOTE(AdamRofer @ Apr 2 2007, 03:24 PM)

I'm not sure how far back this goes (probably as far back as the Macroizer thing exists), but this VI appears to run in one instance. Apparently you can have an automatic "macroization" of any VI you want.

(This was tested in LabVIEW 8.20)

Step one: take a VI "xx.vi", rename it "xx.vim"

Step two: drag it onto the block diagram

Now this VI is a subVI, but note you cannot double click on it to enter the VI itself. I imagine that all the other problems that plague External Nodes in general exist here also, which might be why this behavior is not advertised. You can still access the VI through the VI Heirarchy, although if you copy the VI around the Block Diagram then you might not see it listed as a subVI of that VI (?!?!). I'm sure a lot more "interesting" results can be found...I really don't know what purpose this could have, but then again the locked VI might have some more stuff in it than just this.

Weird stuff.

Just a note to get this working, you need to enable external node with "ExternalNodesEnabled=True" in Labview.ini

And in my case it doesn't work with drag and drop from explorer, I need to use "Select a VI" from the palette

Dany

QUOTE(DanyAllard @ Apr 2 2007, 11:51 AM)

Just a note to get this working, you need to enable external node with "ExternalNodesEnabled=True" in Labview.ini

And in my case it doesn't work with drag and drop from explorer, I need to use "Select a VI" from the palette

Dany

Thanks for the clarification Dany, I had that set from before so I forgot it was necessary. What happens when you drag the .vim from explorer onto a Block Diagram?

• 2 years later...