NI Days out there

Hi folks,

just reading Jim Kring's post related to NI Days 2007, I was thinking how NI days are in the States.

I mean, a couple of weeks ago there was "something called NI Day" in Barcelona, Spain, and I had the impression it was more comercial than technical day taking into account there were:

- introduction speech about how NI had grown the last 20 years.

- more about NI history and some demos such as Mindstorm robot spinning.

that was until midday, just in the afternoon:

- some "technical sessions", half an hour, about RF technologies (focused on X10 protocol), new features in Lavbiew 8.20.

also during all the day there were some exponents talking about how they use Labview in their business.

I went out this NI day with the sensation that it was a poor "NI Day" so I'd like to know how these meetings are out there, because as I mentioned before by reading Jim Kring comments I have the sensation that they are more technical, Jim I know you are preparing a speech this year :thumbup: so questions such as:

-how long are those meetings?

-what kind of events take place there?

any info related to this issue maybe would help in order to improve next "NI Days", who knows.

thanks for your comments.

Cheers.

I can only talk about the NI Days/Technical Symposia events in the US because those are the only ones I've attended. These events usually last all day ~8-4 and their content can vary quite a bit. Usually, these events are defined by the local sales force and they judge by the customers they invite the ratio between new and experienced users and choose topics and presenters accordingly. The seminars with the most technical content are the LabVIEW Developer Education Days where the presenters are mainly R&D folks giving NIWeek presentations or similar technical discussions. The NI Days/Technical Symposia usually contain a fair amount of marketing material on new products, new markets, or new application areas. Usually, there are generic keynote and wrap-up presentations that are more marketing focused but the sessions usually have at least two tracks - new users (hands-on) and technical.

I recommend contacting your local NI sales people and discussing these events with them. They can either steer you to the events that better meet your needs or possibly tailor the content/presenter for the next event accordingly.

Of course, I highly recommend attending NIWeek. Here is where you'll get the most technical content from NI, the best customers, and Alliance partners. There are usually 5-6 different tracks such as HW, SW, Adv Techniques, New Technologies, Hands-On, etc. This is where Jim and Michael are presenting (and many others) and it will be well worth the price.