Calling the Vi Properties Page from a vi

QUOTE(mballa @ Apr 12 2007, 08:52 AM)

From what I can see, you're stuck with creating your own editor.

Use the properties VI.VI Description, VI.Help:Document Tag, and VI.Help:Document Path.

Don't forget to save your VI with the method VI.Save.Instrument before closing the reference.

Of course, someone else might know how to pop up the LabVIEW VI Properties dialog, but I can't find any methods that do this.

Just a stab in the dark, since I haven't tried it (and can't since my LV machine is temporarily elsewhere :thumbdown: ). Have you tried simulating the keypress (Ctrl-I) to bring up the properties page? The correct VI would have to have focus, I suppose, and I don't think you could force it to open to the Documentation tab. It does go to the last used tab, if I remember correctly. Not clean, and perhaps Windows only, but I haven't found much when looking in similar areas.

David

QUOTE(AdamRofer @ Apr 12 2007, 12:51 PM)

Use the properties VI.VI Description, VI.Help:Document Tag, and VI.Help:Document Path.

Don't forget to save your VI with the method VI.Save.Instrument before closing the reference.

Of course, someone else might know how to pop up the LabVIEW VI Properties dialog, but I can't find any methods that do this.

It's not very likely there is any method to do that.

Rolf Kalbermatter

QUOTE(AdamRofer @ Apr 12 2007, 12:51 PM)

I was hopping it was one of those vis buried deep in the vi llb somewhere. So far I haven't had any luck locating it.