LabVIEW & 64 bit O.S

sam

I've got this amd64 Dell pc, and right now it's running xp32, but it's not very stable. I'm thinking about putting XP64 on it, but I am not too sure what to expected.

Has anyone got any experience in XP64 and NI products? From hardware perspective , what kind of support/products are there from NI?

I appreciate any insights.

Thanks

Thanks PJM,

I wasn't even sure that LabVIEW could run. Do you know if NI-Vision,IMAQ can be run? Since their data are in form of pointers. As for NI drivers , I more convinced that they will not work, unless some thunking is done.

QUOTE(sam @ Apr 14 2007, 10:52 AM)

Thanks PJM,

I wasn't even sure that LabVIEW could run. Do you know if NI-Vision,IMAQ can be run? Since their data are in form of pointers. As for NI drivers , I more convinced that they will not work, unless some thunking is done.

Sorry, I have no information about imaq or ni-Vision. My use case required to have DAQmx working, so this is where I spent my energy at the time. May be others will have more info.

PJM

QUOTE(sam @ Apr 13 2007, 11:42 PM)

I've got this amd64 Dell pc, and right now it's running xp32, but it's not very stable. I'm thinking about putting XP64 on it, but I am not too sure what to expected.

Has anyone got any experience in XP64 and NI products? From hardware perspective , what kind of support/products are there from NI?

I appreciate any insights.

Thanks

LabVIEW 32bit will run. If and when there is a LabVIEW 64bit is a top secret. It seems impossible to get anyone from NI to comment about that in any way and I doubt you want to resolve to illegal methods to get some NI person at gun point to tell you about that.

Hardware support for Win64 is basically non existent for the moment.

Rolf Kalbermatter