VB.net User interface with LabVIEW

On a current project I need to write a labview Program that will interact with a User interface which has been created in VB.Net. I need to be able to retrieve data from the VB.Net interface and pass it into my Vis and then port data back out to the interface.

Is there a way to accomplish this?? This is new territory for me as I have not done anything liek this in the past.

Thanks

EDIT: Should read VB.Net

You probably have two basic options:

1. Compile your VIs as a DLL which will be called by the VB program. This is probably the best, since the VB program will be the caller, but I don't have any real experience with compiling VIs as DLL functions.
  2. Have the VB program expose its data through a DLL compied in VB. You will then use the properties and methods supplied by that DLL to send and receive the data.

There are probably other ways (e.g. implement a simple communication protocol over TCP), but I think those two are the simplest.

You should also check out Brian Tyler's blog (Lycangeek) about .NET interaction with LV.

P.S. The logo actually has it all lowercase and the printed text is all uppercase (.NET).

Another option that the folks I work with do is to have the .NET forms open in a .NET container in LV and to pass the data through methods/properties or shared variables (depending upon how the data is acquired and published).