transistor Curve .

alnaimi

Dear all ,

I am tryiing to draw I versus VDS for transistor MOSFET 2N7000 , I have made the labview program to draw three curves or more by varying VGS , which is the signiture of the transistor , the proeblem that i am getting only the first curve well , but the others are not drawn well . My circuit out side is included in the attached file .

could you please check my VI ? what is the problem ?

I apprecaiate ur help ..

QUOTE(alnaimi @ May 4 2007, 12:39 PM)

no one :(

Maybe because your VI is broken (the KI AO xxxxx, and KI AI xxxx VI's are missing)

But, if I replace the KI AI Sample Channel VI with some simulating VI, I just get 3 graphs, so I can't reproduce your image....

QUOTE(alnaimi @ May 4 2007, 01:20 PM)

it is not broking there are there !

but what do u mean by simulating |!

they are there on your system, not on mine.

simulating is just replacing the missing KI AI Sample Channel with some number-generating VI in order to build the graphs.

Hello Alnaimi,

Here's my first problem:

http://forums.lavag.org/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=5725

I just don't get the 2D X-axis data? (And why the Iout on the X-axis?)

I think this is what you should do:

http://forums.lavag.org/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=5726

This is an example where the online help of XY-graphs could have helped you straight away (ctrl-H and hover over the terminal).

Ton

QUOTE(alnaimi @ May 4 2007, 01:46 PM)

simulating is just replacing the missing KI AI Sample Channel with some number-generating VI in order to build the graphs.

???

what is that !! i am using only one channel !!

alnaimi, stop shouting.

1) I do not have your KI AI Sample Channel available.

2) I replaced it with some code to generate one value each time that VI was called.

See the attached file.

QUOTE(Dirk J. @ May 5 2007, 01:52 AM)

alnaimi, stop shouting.

1) I do not have your KI AI Sample Channel available.

2) I replaced it with some code to generate one value each time that VI was called.

See the attached file.

what is the disable and enable ?? I did not understood what u added !?? Could u explain and what I choose disable or enable?

Ton :

About ur solution it gave me the same as the prevouis graph ! it did not solve the problem :(

thnxxx dear 4 ur help .. About I yes it should be in Y axis .

QUOTE(alnaimi @ May 4 2007, 02:43 PM)

what is the disable and enable ?? I did not understood what u added !?? Could u explain and what I choose disable or enable?

He added structures to turn off the AI and AO VIs that you didn't include with Three.vi. There's also some code to generate some numbers since we don't have your DAQ hardware.

About ur solution it gave me the same as the prevouis graph ! it did not solve the problem
:(

What exactly is the problem? The program compiles and plots lines in the graph. You've never really said what the program should be doing that it's not doing.

QUOTE(alnaimi @ May 4 2007, 03:49 PM)

I have already tested those VI's , it did not work with me !!

Again, what does "it did not work" mean, specifically?

I would suggest first checking by hand with a voltmeter to make sure your circuit is working properly. The best LabVIEW in the world won't help you if your transistor is fried or if you have a loose connection. Then check to see if your AI/AO routines are working properly. Compare the voltages your DAQ hardware is reading and writing with what a voltmeter says. If they don't match, something is wrong. I've found that students tend to implicitly believe a hardware reading, even if it's not doing what they think it's doing.

QUOTE(tcplomp @ May 6 2007, 05:07 PM)

Alnaimi,

I claim your code, show it again. Include a 2D array indicator containing your data. I think my first post solved your problem but currently your having a hardware issue!

Ton

See the second graph !! it is the latest one !!

and the bundle is not working with me so I remove it !

You know what is the problem : ANalog Input is working in the first iteration of loop only ! But in second iteration it did not work I mean VDS =0,1,2,3,4,5 when VGS =3 but in the second time wheh VGS =4 and when it is =5 it dors not work !!!

All the hardware is function ok !

oh yes thanks for your help , you know I have fix my problem by outputing every curve in a SEPARATE " EXPRESS Graph" which has the current as a Y axis and a VDS as X axis ,, So I have 3 extended graphs now I want to merge them in One graph but merging icon is not working coz EXPRESS graph has pink wire while merge need blue one !!

can u help plz

QUOTE(tcplomp @ May 4 2007, 02:31 PM)

QUOTE(tcplomp @ May 6 2007, 09:37 AM)

Alnaimi,

I claim your code, show it again. Include a 2D array indicator containing your data. I think my first post solved your problem but currently your having a hardware issue!

Ton

QUOTE(tcplomp @ May 6 2007, 09:15 PM)

QUOTE(alnaimi @ May 8 2007, 03:57 PM)

oh yes thanks for your help , you know I have fix my problem by outputing every curve in a SEPARATE " EXPRESS Graph" which has the current as a Y axis and a VDS as X axis ,, So I have 3 extended graphs now I want to merge them in One graph but merging icon is not working coz EXPRESS graph has pink wire while merge need blue one !!

can u help plz

Forget Express graphs!

Final call, please upload some code

Ton

QUOTE(alnaimi @ May 8 2007, 04:18 PM)

OK I have edited my post plz find it , I am generating each curve in separet graph then I want 2 merge them ! merging is not working neither bundle!

sigh...

again your code is broken. as I told you before, most of us do not have the KIDAQ subVI's.

QUOTE(alnaimi @ May 8 2007, 06:11 PM)

YAAAH i KNOW but IA M ASKING ABOUT THE CONCEPT

no need to shout.

the code you uploaded does not clarify what you want. what do you want with the

for as far as I can tell, you just duplicated your code into a second frame.

if I understand your question, what you want is shown in the ...\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.2\examples\general\graphs\gengraph.llb\XY Graph.vi example.