Add new plot area programmatically to the Mixed Signal Graph?

QUOTE(Omar Mussa @ May 4 2007, 08:21 PM)

However, I do think it's techhnically possible to add this feature (a lot has changed since I was actively involved in development of the graph, so it's possible I'm wrong), so I'd suggest submitting a feature request and detailing how you would use the feature/what problem you're trying to solve. It always helps to have concrete use cases to support the desire for a feature, and helps us make sure we get it right.

J

QUOTE(JasonKing @ May 7 2007, 11:53 AM)

However, I do think it's techhnically possible to add this feature (a lot has changed since I was actively involved in development of the graph, so it's possible I'm wrong), so I'd suggest submitting a feature request and detailing how you would use the feature/what problem you're trying to solve. It always helps to have concrete use cases to support the desire for a feature, and helps us make sure we get it right.

J

I'll be sure to do that (make some product suggestions) once I get a chance.

I followed the other thread and it was very interesting. In general I have to say that I ran into the exact same bugs, so it must be a fairly common thing to do to try and move scales around, graphs to different plots, etc programatically. As for use cases, in general you could take every XY graph property / method and assume that we'll want to do the same thing with the Muliti-plot. I have many uses where I just want a common X axis, and this has provided a great tool for these. I think it was one of the better additions to 8.0 feature-wise, it just has some more development to get to the maturity of the other graphs.