Reversed Fill Control

I have a request for a "reverse" fill control -- ie one that has its scale moving from right to left instead of the more standard left to right. And I'm having trouble seeing any really good way to implement this request.

I know about the fill options and how to use those -- as well as negative values -- to have the APPARENT fill move right to left, etc, but none of these methods actually reverse the entire control and, thus, leave the scale intact, ie oriented left to right.

Does anyone have any ideas?

QUOTE(JFM @ May 7 2007, 04:51 AM)

Thanks for the follow up posts. Somehow I didn't see them when they came in and ended up calling NI for support. I got the same idea from them and the odd part is, I didn't even think of such an obvious option. I was looking for a property node or something -- and I didn't see any particular reference in the documentation. Oh well, frequently it's far simpler than you (or at least I) think!

Now I'm looking to make some further modifications to the slider images so that they look like brackets or a "box" when close enough together. My sense is that I may need to go to an XControl but, as I posted elsewhere, I've not seen a fully enough developed example of an XControl that modifies its appearance (among other features). In any event thanks for the follow up. I'm going to do some further digging/playing and will post on this additional idea presently.

QUOTE(Val Brown @ May 9 2007, 02:24 PM)

Thanks for the follow up posts. Somehow I didn't see them when they came in and ended up calling NI for support. I got the same idea from them and the odd part is, I didn't even think of such an obvious option. I was looking for a property node or something -- and I didn't see any particular reference in the documentation. Oh well, frequently it's far simpler than you (or at least I) think!

Now I'm looking to make some further modifications to the slider images so that they look like brackets or a "box" when close enough together. My sense is that I may need to go to an XControl but, as I posted elsewhere, I've not seen a fully enough developed example of an XControl that modifies its appearance (among other features). In any event thanks for the follow up. I'm going to do some further digging/playing and will post on this additional idea presently.

I just noticed the idea of using inverted but, when I tried that (originally) it didn't reverse the scaling.

I'll see if that's still reproducible on my system(s). Given how hectic it's been here lately it may very well have just been a visual hallucination on my part.