Confusing Arrayfunktions

Hy Programmers,

i want to merge a 2D-Array and a 1D-Array. But after the while-loop it don't work. Why???

If a 1D-Line is found in the 2-D Array i would replace it. if not (i deleted bevore i take the screenshot) i would add it at last.

The Arrays are Arrays of Clusters(String;String;Timestamp).

Why it isn't working? I'm confused.

Try what Gary recommended, it hasn't changed any in labVIEW 8.2. Basically whats going on is, you have an indicator that is an array of no datatype that you are trying to feed a 2d array of clusters. If you delete the empty array (grey indicator) and recreate the indicator as Gary mentioned, it will create an indicator with the required datatype for you automatically.

Dave Graybeal

QUOTE(Bernd F @ May 10 2007, 05:02 PM)

Hy Programmers,

i want to merge a 2D-Array and a 1D-Array. But after the while-loop it don't work. Why???

If a 1D-Line is found in the 2-D Array i would replace it. if not (i deleted bevore i take the screenshot) i would add it at last.

The Arrays are Arrays of Clusters(String;String;Timestamp).

Why it isn't working? I'm confused.

As other pointed out, the type of the indicator seems to be unspecified.

I also noticed that the build array node before the loop is set to concatenate, but the build array node after the loop, is not.

I'm not even sure I understand how it cannot be set to concatenate, if you have elements of two different dimensions (I don't have LabVIEW available now so I can't check).

/J

QUOTE(JFM @ May 10 2007, 12:29 PM)

I'm not even sure I understand how it cannot be set to concatenate, if you have elements of two different dimensions (I don't have ).

/J

I noticed the same thing, I tried to get it to not concatenate, but could not duplicate. His avatar says 8.2 and that is the version I am using. How'd he do that?

QUOTE(van18 @ May 10 2007, 12:55 PM)

I noticed the same thing, I tried to get it to not concatenate, but could not duplicate. His avatar says 8.2 and that is the version I am using. How'd he do that?

I can't duplicate it in 7.1.1 either.

Hi Bernd

Can you attach the vi?

I would like to play with it.

concatenating arrays of different dimensions is the only possibility

one option is to add an extra build array function to the lower dimension (eventually transpose the resulting array if the concatenate is in the wrong direction)

and then you can concatenate.

The question is, why do you want this?

QUOTE(Bernd F @ May 11 2007, 03:42 AM)

i had a problem... my LabView crashed and i didn't save this VI.

So i tryed it again. Now it's working fine...

That's certainly a unique debugging method.

I wouldn't recommend relying on it very often though

;)

QUOTE(Bernd F @ May 11 2007, 09:42 AM)

Hey together,

i had a problem... my LabView crashed and i didn't save this VI.

So i tryed it again. Now it's working fine...

:unsure:

Sry.

After this crash, do you still have a the build arrays nodes set to different modes?

If you do, could you please upload this VI (or relevant part of it), so we can understand what is happening.

You don't have to upload the complete VI (if you don't want to), select the code in the picture and choose "create SubVI" from the menus.

Uploading this subVI, should be enough to show us what is going on.

/J