For those who know me...

I know I haven't been very active here on LAVA as of late, but I've certainly met some of you either at NI Week or at one of the remote Developer Days. Just wanted to give a heads-up that I am leaving NI at the end of next week and moving to a small startup that makes IP-based distributed audio and video systems. So, if you have any beefs with graphs (esp. the Mixed-Signal graph), charts, events, the code disable node, or the LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT software, please direct them elsewhere :P

For those of you coming to Austin for NI Week, I hope to drop in on the LAVA bbq if it's happening, and the 2nd annual unofficial NI-Week bar crawl, assuming I can find someone to take over the organization of this fine, long-standing tradition.

J

QUOTE(JasonKing @ May 18 2007, 12:58 AM)

...but you're not leaving us, right? :( The only thing that will change is the disappearance of the NI logo next to your name, right?

QUOTE(JasonKing @ May 18 2007, 12:58 AM)

I hope to drop in on the LAVA bbq if it's happening...

Sure: if there's enough demand on this thread...

Oh, and good luck in the new job mate :thumbup:

QUOTE(crelf @ May 17 2007, 10:27 AM)

...but you're not leaving us, right? :( The only thing that will change is the disappearance of the NI logo next to your name, right?

We'll see. I won't be working with LabVIEW, so I fear I won't have much to contribute. Mayhaps I'll try to convince them to use LabVIEW for their hardware testing, but I don't know enough about their process at the moment to make a pitch. The work I'll likely be doing will be for the UI on touch screens or a desktop configuration application. LabVIEW probably isn't the tool for either of those.

I suppose I can just come here and commiserate with the other ex-NI employees who frequent this joint (Crystal, where you at?) :laugh:

Thanks for the good wishes.

J

Well, that's unfortunate news (for us) :( . Good luck :thumbup: .

QUOTE(JasonKing @ May 17 2007, 06:44 PM)

The work I'll likely be doing will be for the UI on touch screens or a desktop configuration application. LabVIEW probably isn't the tool for either of those.

It probably isn't, but you can basically use any visual IDE to do touch screen UIs if those touch screens run Windows XP. I've done those several times using LV.

I haven't had any experience with the touch screen module, but if its UI is as bad as the PDA module's UI used to be, I would agree that it is not the tool (plus C and Java probably support more platforms).

QUOTE(JasonKing @ May 17 2007, 11:44 AM)

I suppose I can just come here and commiserate with the other ex-NI employees who frequent this joint (Crystal, where you at?) :laugh:

I'm here :D I had a really long meeting with my local NI Sales guy today and didn't get to LAVA until late. He only comes to visit us maybe once a year, so I need to monopolize his time while I have him.

Don't worry Jason, I'll bring you as my official date (unless I lose you in the canyon in the next few weeks :oops: ). Heck, we can even plan the "2nd annual unofficial NI-Week bar crawl" together over campfires and cocktails. I don't see where it says the organizers have to be NI employees, do you?