image processing PLEASE HELP!

ok, im new in labview. I have some problems dealing with pixmaps and images and i would be GREATFULL if someone could show me some tricks. I am using labview 6.1 for one project and i am having problems selecting certain pixels from one image [256*256]. The problem is - i dont know how to do it. I think i could make an array out of the image [pixels would be elements of that array, right?] but i dont know what information that array stores or how to see and process the information about one pixel's color.. What is the best way to do it? PLEASE help me, i have to finish this project ASAP!

thanks in advance

QUOTE(proja @ May 20 2007, 07:49 AM)

ok, im new in labview. I have some problems dealing with pixmaps and images and i would be GREATFULL if someone could show me some tricks. I am using labview 6.1 for one project and i am having problems selecting certain pixels from one image [256*256]. The problem is - i dont know how to do it. I think i could make an array out of the image [pixels would be elements of that array, right?] but i dont know what information that array stores or how to see and process the information about one pixel's color.. What is the best way to do it? PLEASE help me, i have to finish this project ASAP!

thanks in advance

You said you can get array out of the image, do you get three arrays representing R,G,B color, or all in one array? I assume you get three arrays, since you said each one is 256x256. This is a 2D array, the row index and column index will position the pixel, the value of the array is the grey scale. So if you handle the gray image only, then you just need to index the array with LabVIEW index array function to get one gray value. If you handle color image and have three 256x256 arrays, then index each array and combine the three gray scale into one color value with RGB to Color.vi. Make sure the order of R,G,B, otherwise you will not see correct color.

Irene

QUOTE(proja @ May 21 2007, 05:46 AM)

no, sorry, i work with 8-bit image.

Then use the code screenshot that I made and make sure you pull the wire out of the 8-bit pixmap output from the "unflatten pixmap.vi". Then, the result of the indexing of the 8-bit pixmap (for x and y) is not the color but the index of the color in the lookup table. You just have to index the color table with this value.

PJM