Relative Path in Call Library Function

Hi...

I am using LabVIEW Version 6i. I made one library which is using Call Library Function(i.e. DLL) in three VIs. When I set relative path ".\MY_DLL.dll" in the configuration of Call Library Function then it is chaging it to absolute path (e.g. C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 6\user.lib\My_Folder\My_DLL.dll ) automatically.

I want it relative so that when user put my_llb.llb file and my_dll.dll file into "\user.lib\My_Folder" folder then it will automatically take that dll instead of searching for that DLL in the nearest location. What should I do?

Thanks..

QUOTE(Tomi Maila @ May 25 2007, 08:07 AM)

In LabVIEW 8 at least if you just write "MyDLL.dll" and the dll is located either in (library) search path or in the same directory as the VI then LabVIEW locates it properly. I've no experience with LabVIEW 6 in this matter.

Thanks Tomi,

Yes, it is doing same thing in LV 6i. But when I save the VI and open it again and if I look the path in the "Configure" option then it will again turn to full path of my system. Now If I will distribute this VI then on the other computer, it will search again for that DLL when ever user open it first time. I want it to take from same folder directly.

Thanks