NI-IMAQ for USB Camera in LABVIEW 8.2

QUOTE(Ich @ Jun 13 2007, 05:32 PM)

Hi,

I downloaded the NI-IMAQ for USB Camera from the site of NI, but I can't install it. A message appears and says that I need a version higher than 7.1, but i have the version 8.2! Does anyone know, how can I handle this?

Thank you

Hi Ich,

what version of IMAQ do you have installed?

Ton

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE(jg69 @ Jun 23 2007, 02:16 AM)

although the NI-IMAQ for USB camera driver itself is free, you need the NI-Vision package (Version 7.1 or higher) for it to work.

That's not quite true: there are a handful of really basic VIs that come with LabVIEW (look under the "Vision and Motion" palette. That said, they are very basic, and if you want to do anything more, then jg69 is right: the NI-Vision toolkit is the way to go.

Perhaps I should restate my first answer: You cannot install the NI-USB camera driver without an already installed NI-Vision toolkit. See picture:

http://forums.lavag.org/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=6204

BTW, that's also stated on NI-site:

ZITAT

System Requirements include:

LabVIEW 7.0 or higher with NI Vision 7.1 or higher for the USB LabVIEW support.

That toolkit has to be bought from NI, if you want to use it for longer than the trial period.

Sorry, Ich, that driver will not work without investing money.

Jens

QUOTE(jg69 @ Jun 24 2007, 03:09 AM)

You cannot install the NI-USB camera driver without an already installed NI-Vision toolkit.

Well there you go - I stand corrected. I thought you could install the USB toolkit and perform some basic functions, but apparently not :(

• 1 year later...

QUOTE (crelf @ Jun 23 2007, 11:35 PM)

Well there you go - I stand corrected. I thought you could install the USB toolkit and perform some basic functions, but apparently not :(

After installing USB Toolkit you will find Imaq USB file into Labview 8.2 folder. Just copy it and paste it in to Addon folder of vilib.

It works.