slider housing remains larger than fill after shrinking?

So I'm in the process of figuring out how to make my front panel scale. This should not be near as hard as its turing out. But I'm learning lots in the process. I'm using 7.1 and have almost got it worked out with a rather large and complex schematic. But a strange thing I've found.

I made a custom type def of the slider control and shrunk things down small and mades things transparent. I'm using it to represent a tube for gas flow. I'm setting it to max fill. Using it, or a normal one for that matter, on the front panel, I can grab the handles for the fill, and resize it. And when I grab the whole control I can see the housing outline. Things is if I stretch it larger than I want and let go, then shrink it back down again, the housing stays at that larger size, while the fill shrinks down. What I really want, it seems, is to be able to grab the housing and resize it, but there do not seem to be any handles for it, just handles for the fill.

I thought I would get around it by programtically making the fill size and the housing size equal, but I dont see fill size as a property, nor a method.

Oh and is there a way to delete components of a customized control that are a stock part? Like the housing or the fill or the scale for instance.

as always I appreciate eveyones input, and when I get this worked out I'll post the results

james

Actually, I think you got a bit confused. The raised bevel is not the housing, but just a cosmetic part. What you're actually resizing is the housing and not the fill. You can see that if you open the parts window in the control editor.

As for your other question, you can't delete parts from a control. At most you can make them small, as you described, and move them to the back. A nice trick is using the fact that different kinds of controls have different amounts of elements and creating interesting looking controls.

My experience with the control editor is not that great - there are all kinds of things which are not easy to understand when you try to do some proper control customizing.

BTW, I don't see what you're seeing - the housing, fill and cosmetic parts all resize together to both larger and smaller sizes.