Set Focus to VI

Hi:

I am trying to make a subVI get focus, remain active, and be front-most once deployed.

However, when I launch a subVI, whose front panel is set to open when called, the lauched subVI does not have it's title bar 'activated'. This remains so even after setting the subVI is set to be front-most. Also, setting the the 'Activate' argument to TRUE on the 'Open Front Panel' method does not seem to fix this problem.

Does anyone know of a work-around for this? I know that a modal subVI can do the trick. But I do not want this specific subVI to be modal.

Anthony

Hi Wolfram:

Thanks for pointing me to this property. I did not expect this to be an application's property given that it works operates on the front panel. So I never really bothered to look there. This one works great for the main, top level, front panel.

Anthony

Hi Karissap:

I use floating windows all along. The subVIs do stay on top but they never have the focus when launched until one clicks on the SubVI front panel.

Thanks

Anthony