loop mistake

QUOTE(Nullllll @ Jun 26 2007, 02:51 AM)

i have problem in my VI , it is aquring form me password before running the VI , if I run the VI before enter the password it will give me erroe msg??

plz find the attched VI , admit ur help

Nullll,

You should not check the password until you enter something into it. You can do this by using events, or by using a shift register to check when the password has changed (loop until it does). In the copy of your vi that I downloaded, the Password field was disabled, so nothing can be entered when the program is running. You will have to disable it (right click on the control and choose Properties).

I think you should compress your vi to approximately one page, or at least revise it so you only have to scroll in one direction. That would make it easier for you and others to see what is going on. Also take some the bends out of your wires for the same reason. See the LabVIEW help under "style guidelines - checklist" (in 8.0) to get some other good ideas.

Good luck disarming the system.

Jon

QUOTE(Nullllll @ Jun 26 2007, 03:51 AM)

i have problem in my VI , it is aquring form me password before running the VI , if I run the VI before enter the password it will give me erroe msg??

plz find the attched VI , admit ur help

Nullllll,

I would recommend not using the Stop primitive in the case where the wrong password is selected. This is equivalent to pressing the Abort button, which should really never be used unless your program hangs unexpectedly. A better way to do things would be to simply let your program finish without going into any other cases.

Chris M