Auto Size property node not trustful!

Hello!

I've just written a little test-VI to check if another VI has any structures in its BD that has the Auto Grow turned on, and I do check this by the property node called 'Auto size'.

After testing the code for several hours I've come to the conclusion that this property node isn't trustful to use at all. The documentation of it isn't much to have, so the problem could be my lack of knowledge of this function...

The problem is that if I manually check a VI which have got 2 structures in its BD and find that none of the structures has the Autogrow turned on, I can still, somehow, get a result from my test-VI that the actual VI do have one or more structures with Auto grow on. But not always. The thing is that this little test-VI is part of a feature-rich development tool I've written, and when running this test-VI inside the development tool it seems to ALWAYS give me a false result. But when I run the test-VI more or less standalone it never gives me an false answer, AFAIK, until i startup my development tool and run the same test in parallell. In my development tool I do NOT mess with the Auto size property...

Obviously it is hard for you to understand what I'm doing inside my development tool, and if that could interfer with the Auto size property, but instead of focusing on that I would like to ask:

Had anyone else experienced a similar problem where you find that any of the hidden BD property node features tend to be untrustful?

I'm attaching my little test-VI if anyone would like to check or comment... The code was made with LV7.1, and then converted to LV8.2.

Thanks!

//Mellberg

QUOTE(Mellberg @ Jun 28 2007, 03:15 AM)

Had anyone else experienced a similar problem where you find that any of the hidden BD property node features tend to be untrustful?

Thanks!

//Mellberg

NOt personally, but...

I have been asked to report issues with hidden and secret properties if I find them.

So please report this to NI but don't expect a fix or feedback.

Ben

One thing I noticed is that you are only detecting the "CaseSelector" class. That will work in LV7.x and below, but NI changed the class name to "CaseStructure" in LV8.x. I added that name to your pick list and to the case structure (keeping the "CaseSelector" class in there for backward compatibility) and I'm getting much better results.

QUOTE(orko @ Jun 28 2007, 06:06 PM)

One thing I noticed is that you are only detecting the "CaseSelector" class. That will work in LV7.x and below, but NI changed the class name to "CaseStructure" in LV8.x. I added that name to your pick list and to the case structure (keeping the "CaseSelector" class in there for backward compatibility) and I'm getting much better results.

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but I do have to update the left case-structure too to be compliant with LV8.x, don't I? I guess that I in that case need to have NI's bless to be able to reach and be able to use that reference-constant you're mentioning - the SuperPrivateScriptingFeatureVisible=TRUE & SuperSecretPrivateSpecialStuff=TRUE won't help...?

//Mellberg