Labview RT Multithreading& Tasking

wallyabcd

Hi;

I am calling a computation DLL(written in Labwindows) from labview RT. The DLL is marked as reentrant and given it's own thread.

When certain fitting functions are called from DLL library, it seems to block the response from the rest of the threads momentarily.

I was under the impression that this won't happen as the DLL has it's own seperate thread and that under all circumstances, labview RT

will allocate some time to all six base threads. This doesn't appear to be so, in the case of a DLL call.

Anyone knows how to force labview RT (PharLap) to do this ?

Thanks.

Walters

Spinx

QUOTE(wallyabcd @ Jun 28 2007, 05:03 AM)

Hi;

I am calling a computation DLL(written in Labwindows) from labview RT. The DLL is marked as reentrant and given it's own thread.

When certain fitting functions are called from DLL library, it seems to block the response from the rest of the threads momentarily.

I was under the impression that this won't happen as the DLL has it's own seperate thread and that under all circumstances, labview RT

will allocate some time to all six base threads. This doesn't appear to be so, in the case of a DLL call.

Anyone knows how to force labview RT (PharLap) to do this ?

Thanks.

Walters

Spinx

Is your call configured to run in the UI thread (yellow vs orange node)?

Ben

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ben;

The code is configured to use the other1 thread in Labview RT and not the UI thread and the

function calls are marked as reentrant as we call them through a sequencer and there is no

risk of multiple calls...

Therefore the icon is colored yellow...

QUOTE(Ben @ Jun 28 2007, 03:07 PM)

Is your call configured to run in the UI thread (yellow vs orange node)?

Ben

QUOTE(wallyabcd @ Jul 9 2007, 09:15 AM)

Hi Ben;

The code is configured to use the other1 thread in Labview RT and not the UI thread and the

function calls are marked as reentrant as we call them through a sequencer and there is no

risk of multiple calls...

Therefore the icon is colored yellow...

Woops!

You said that in your original Q!

Are you using unique VI's to call the dll?

What does the Execution trace toolkit show?

Ben